Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Correlating injector data from spreadsheet to EFILive injector tables

Default Correlating injector data from spreadsheet to EFILive injector tables

Hello,

Got a project truck and I'm looking for the 'end all' injector thread where people share information on how to get aftermarket injectors properly implemented......it doesn't exist.

I've got Siemens Mototron 80lb injectors. I have the datasheets that were supplied with them.

I have (i think) successfully done the IFR table based on the spreadsheet here.

I also have properly (i think) setup table B4002 and used the linear fill function in between areas that weren't defined in the datasheet. For the 15VDC+ values, I simply adjusted by .004. I'm not worried about the 4.5 5 or 5.5vdc tables or should I be? Battery would be too dead to start the engine anyway... I treated each 'setpoint' as a linear equation.

What other data from the attached datasheets needs to be successfully entered into EFILive before I roll this out?

I've already done COS upgrade for 2 bar support, but haven't installed the 2 bar MAP yet so it's still scaled for 1 bar. Vehicle starts/runs/drives OK but before any serious tuning I would like to get the 80s in there and tuned. I want to take it 1 step at a time.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Injector_FI114991.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	629.7 KB 
ID:	15884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Injectors_FI114991cs.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	350.5 KB 
ID:	15885  
    Last edited by ELake20; September 23rd, 2013 at 06:09 AM.

Post your tune file and some log files.

I'm attempting to setup a base tune for the injectors, so no logs.

I have a rebuilt engine and am driving it around to seat the rings / shakedown on stock injectors with WG spring removed and boost VE table @ 300% as per tutorial. My next logical step is to put in the 2 bar map and properly scale that so it reads 0 with key on engine off.

I have a local tuner scheduled to help me this weekend but I'm trying to do as much as I can beforehand to save time & money.

From the injector worksheet, I've got 11.639400 g/sec in injector flowrate (B4001) FPR is MAP referenced (truck)

I went ahead and did the calcs for B4002 but read in other threads that the ford offsets can't be applied to GM ECU bla bla bla

Why is this information such a secret and who do I have to pay to get it?

A tuner or a trainer. People make money off that knowledge and don't want to share. I would like to contribute to pay back some of the help I got, but my dog ate my laptop power cord and I'm waiting for a new one. I have the SD 60's configured for a scaled tune at 4 bar and better for a boost referenced 3 bar. There is thourough write up on HPT by a guy running the 60's on a 4cyl.

That makes sense. I'm willing to pay somebody for that information. I guess I was a bit naive thinking this would be public information.

Anybody can throw numbers into the tables and put in bunk VE #s to make it work, I was hoping to use the injector data sheets to define these parameters using mathematical solutions and not EWAG (educated wild ass guess)

I'm also a little scared that my local tuner won't know how to use these injectors either, since the data is in ford format so I'm trying to do what I can to help him as well.

Post your tune up. I had these injectors and had them working real well.
    05 Joe Gibbs black RCSB ram air hood, Leer tonneau, blacked out tail and head lights. Forged 370, Eagle crank, Wiseco pistons, Compstar Rods, Pro Flo XT intake, KB Racing log, spool valve, T6 S480 1.32 A/R, boost activated cutout, TSP 2.5 5.3l heads, Comp Cam 224/230 .600 with rockers, comp cams 1.75 roller rockers, dual Walbro 450's, Injector Dynamics id1300's, 4l80e w/3200 multidisk Circle D, trutrac w/3.73's, 3"DI/DO Magnaflow, tips through the roll pan, running COS3 Semi OLSD OS#12592618

Check my tune, I have those injectors and spent a bunch of time reseaching injector data and expraoplating numbers to get it.

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D9482763_63004742_929108

Thanks a million guys here is my tune. It' still stock injectors.

Worked like hell tonight, I'm having a hard time scaling the 2 bar MAP for some reason, check the history out you will see I've tried several different scale values in C6301, I can't seem to get it to read anything other than 105kpa. 1 bar sensor read 99kpa Key on, Engine off. Probably not a big deal but I'm still learning and want to get it right.

I'm thinking maybe I got duped by the eBay seller - my OEM MAP read 4.7VDC KOEO and this one reads 4.8VDC.
    Last edited by ELake20; October 3rd, 2013 at 06:34 AM.

Sent you a PM.
    05 Joe Gibbs black RCSB ram air hood, Leer tonneau, blacked out tail and head lights. Forged 370, Eagle crank, Wiseco pistons, Compstar Rods, Pro Flo XT intake, KB Racing log, spool valve, T6 S480 1.32 A/R, boost activated cutout, TSP 2.5 5.3l heads, Comp Cam 224/230 .600 with rockers, comp cams 1.75 roller rockers, dual Walbro 450's, Injector Dynamics id1300's, 4l80e w/3200 multidisk Circle D, trutrac w/3.73's, 3"DI/DO Magnaflow, tips through the roll pan, running COS3 Semi OLSD OS#12592618

Quote Originally Posted by ELake20 View Post
    Here's a graph of the MAP. Any ideas why it's jagged and nasty looking? I'm damn near sea level. I'm going to do a log with the stock MAP tomorrow and see how it compares...
    Attachment 15901
    Looks like you have a problem with some other applications running on your PC/laptop...

see this:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast