Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Making progress - need some logs reviewed

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    and then use SELBEN in your MAF scantool map, and use CALC.VET (which is defined by CLC-00-305 which you just edited) in your VE scantool map.
    Can I get clarification on that please, I did open up my calc_pids.txt and replaced CLC-00-305 as you instructed, but a bit lost on the above quote...

many thanks!!!!

OK, I also am following another post where you said to do this, which I think is to eliminate all trims (LTFT and STFT), and I am going to do this to mine also:

CL: B3801 disable.
    LTFT: B4205 disable by setting temperature to max.
    STFT: if B4206 exists, disable.
    SOL: if COS, then in B3647/B3649 set stoich cells to non-stoich (if stoich EQ 1.00, set to EQ 1.01 or EQ 0.99).

edit - I my OS does not have the B3647 or B3649, do I need to change something else insteadÉ

No problem, that just means you have a non-COS.

Quote Originally Posted by rb1 View Post
    Thank you Joe, you certainly are an incredible source of knowledge here!!!!

"Yes, SELBEN uses LTFTBEN while in closed loop and WO2BEN otherwise."

that is a huge part of my missing puzzle here. thanks.

So, while doing more research and thinking since my last post, here is a thought I had about this ltft issue:
    When watching my logs, I see that all my misfires and LTFT trouble (+25% bank 1) are at idle. Once rev'd up, the misfire counts go away, and the LTFT's come in line again. I believe this idle only issue is caused by the camshaft overlap causing the misfires, and perhaps also the locations that the Narrow band sensor on bank 1 is just a tick off where bank 2 is located. Both are about 20 inches after the shorty header collectors, but perhaps the clocking in the pipe is a bit different making bank 2 react different? (not as sensitive?). I did switch the 02 sensors from side to side and the problem stayed at BANK 1.

So, because of this, maybe I will never be able to get the LTFT issue handled at idle, and I was doing some reading about just turning the ltft off for good, seems this is called SOL, semi open loop? And uses STFT only? Good idea to try?
    Lol, thanks for your kind words.

Note that misfires show up as lean (O2 sensors detect excess oxygen) which is what might be causing your bank1 LTFT to peg positive...

since it is on one bank only, there is a problem (either misfiring for real, or leaking air)...

this has to be fixed before proceeding...

(are you losing coolant, do you have air leaks on bank1, do your injectors leak on bank1... i.e. what can be causing a misfire on bank1 at idle)

you may have to jump in and do RAFIG/desired air.

and then use SELBEN in your MAF scantool map, and use CALC.VET (which is defined by CLC-00-305 which you just edited) in your VE scantool map.
    Quote Originally Posted by rb1 View Post
    Can I get clarification on that please, I did open up my calc_pids.txt and replaced CLC-00-305 as you instructed, but a bit lost on the above quote...

many thanks!!!!
    First, edit CLC-00-305 in calc_pids.txt as you have done (using Windows Notepad).

Then, in the scantool, on your MAF map, in the map properties, goto the Data tab, use WO2BEN instead of SELBEN as the pid... (and remember to save the map)...

i.e. the MAF map will now use WO2BEN to correct the MAF table;

and the CALC.VET now uses WO2BEN (from the edited CLC-00-305) to calculate a new VE table from the corrected MAF values.
    Last edited by joecar; September 11th, 2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: typo correction

Lol, thanks for your kind words.

Note that misfires show up as lean (O2 sensors detect excess oxygen) which is what might be causing your bank1 LTFT to peg positive...

since it is on one bank only, there is a problem (either misfiring for real, or leaking air)...

this has to be fixed before proceeding...

(are you losing coolant, do you have air leaks on bank1, do your injectors leak on bank1... i.e. what can be causing a misfire on bank1 at idle)

you may have to jump in and do RAFIG/desired air.
    Oh, you deserve those kind words!!! I have been searching day and night getting up to speed (or at least trying to!!) and your name is on this forum back I think to one post I saw in 2005! That my friend is commitment!!

Back to this deal.... No coolant leaking (level has not changed), injectors... well I don't "think" they are leaking, but the thing that is getting me here is how just off idle the misfires go away and all is well in it's world.

I did do several RAFIG's (each day I fire it up I let it idle and log the RAFIG for 25 mins or so), it starts very well, idles very stable (at 60 kPa), I was just thinking that the placement of the o2 sensor (done very unscientific regarding its placement) may just put it in a spot where it is not reading the same "stream" as bank 2, making it more / or less? sensitive?? AM I crazy... wait, don't answer that.

First, edit CLC-00-305 in calc_pids.txtas you have done (using Windows Notepad).

Then, in the scantool, on your MAF map, in the map properties, goto the Data tab, use WO2BEN instead of SELBEN as the pid... (and remember to save the map)...

i.e. the MAG map will now use WO2BEN to correct the MAF table;

and the CALC.VET now uses WO2BEN (from the edited CLC-00-305) to calculate a new VE table from the corrected MAF values.
    OK, onto this deal... THANKS for the walkthru... I actually figured out the SELBEN one this afternoon, I changed the data tab to "BEN from WB (factor)" and that gave me some believable numbers to correct the B5001 with.

But I am still stuck on the CALC.VET one... Sorry, I may be having a real dense moment here, I have two maps set up to do CALC.VET, the SELBEN one, and the other is labeled VET and uses RPM on the rows and MAP on the columns, and the parameter is "calculated VE, BEN corrected (g*k/kPa)

I don't see WO2BEN or anything else like that in the parameter drop down menu...

Where am I going wrong here?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

OK, forgot to attach the calc.pids.txt file just to make sure I have not messed that up somehow
    Attached Files Attached Files

the MAG map will now use WO2BEN to correct the MAF table;
    OK, was re-reading this and I am not sure what a "MAG" map is?

thanks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast