Thread: Perameters to change the MAP sensor settings?

Lifetime Member

Default Perameters to change the MAP sensor settings?

I recently did a H/C/I/E/UD upgrade to my 07' TBSS. Every thing was working fine before the swap. Now as soon as I turn the key over the MAP fails which causes a chain effect of P0101 MAF Sensor Performance, P0106 MAP Sensor Performance and P0121 Throttle Performance. I swapped the sensor, swapped the TB back to stock but have left the MAF sensor in place. I adjusted all of the Electronic Throttle tables but those didn't do anything. The only thing I can think is that when I ported my manifold I cut out all of the insides. So there is no barrier between the MAP and the the open plenum. Could that be over loading the MAP? It is not the sensor or I have two bad ones straight from the store. Has any one else run into this or know what needs to be adjusted?

Thanks.
    02 Z06, 573/530rw N/A 416, 10.21@136.12.

Lifetime Member

What is the MAP reading with the key on/engine off? All of those codes are related the MAF/MAP airflow tests which are set based on the values in the tables under MAP; which are in turn based on the tables under Electronic Throttle. You can temporarily set the tests so they don't come on to see if that helps. If so, you need to change MAP/MAF airflow values accordingly. BTW - I would use an OEM MAP sensor just to make sure; but once again confirm the MAP reading with the Key On/Engine Off.

Lifetime Member

Okay, the MAP is at 100Kpa with the key on engine off. I put the OEM MAP back in since the sensor didn't seem to be the issue. But it acted up worse at idle. MAF is 1751hz, TPS is 26%. I looked at the tables in MAP and Electronic Throttle and adjusted the ET tables to be over any of the running measurements that I have logged. I thought it worked earlier and the truck was running great. But by the time I got 20miles down the road all the codes were back. So what do I need to adjust and what should the MAP read with Key on Throttle off? The tables under MAP seem to be Enable/Disable and what the base pressures and off sets are. I am guess the off sets can be changed. I will disable the MAP stuff and see what happens. It is messing up my fueling so I need to get this figured out. Thanks.

Lifetime Member

OEM reads 100Kpa, Aftermarket reads 99Kpa.

Lifetime Member

I set the sensors to not be checked in the MAP table and the truck ran fine and the fuel stayed static for the first time. So I guess it has something to do with the settings now. I am just confused on why they have to be changed from stock and what to change them to. My other question is, if there was something else wrong with the sensor would it still be able to "fail" since I disabled the tests? Here is what I changed.

C0401/C0402 to disable
    C0404 to 0
    C0405 to 256
    C0406 to 500
    C0407 to 8000

Lifetime Member

It's actually simple. The engine is now moving more airflow at a higher and quicker rate beyond the values currently in the MAF/MAP tables under Electronic Throttle. You typically increase those values based on what you see in the datalogs. Hope this helps.

Lifetime Member

I wish it was. I did increase those tables based on my values and added 10% to that and it did nothing. I was really thinking that would work. It is almost automatic as soon as I turn the truck on it will set the MAP code then the TPS and MAF follow suit. I am not what the deal is. I really think it is a Baro offset or something due to me cutting out the cylinder that was shielding the sensor from the intake plenum or the MAF is bad. I would think that if I didn't have enough expected gm/s or kpa in the MAF and MAP tables it would put me into reduced power mode. Thanks for the advice. If you can think of anything else just let me know.

Lifetime Member

Have you replaced your throttle body and/or MAF?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

I put the stock throttle body back on from the LS7 I had on there. Both worked before the mods. The only thing I have not changed yet is back to the stock MAF due to it being not feasable with the way the air intake is set up right now. I may do it this weekend when I change around my air intake. The MAF card I am using right now just came out of the box from PCMofNC with their housing kit. I have contacted them about it. I guess I could go buy a new card and see what happens. More money. Yeah.