Thread: Usable Maf Frequency range on boosted 2011 silverado.

Default Usable Maf Frequency range on boosted 2011 silverado.

Yo EFI live!

I have a 2011 Silverado 5.3 we swapped in a 417 LS3. Running a procharger (about 6PSI) and am getting the maf close to 12K HZ at high rpm.
    I am getting erratic readings from the maf just above 5K rpm. The maf has to hit 10K HZ before it freaks out (see logs). I personally have never pushed a maf this high up in the range so I do not know what the usable accurate range for this sensor is. The tune allows adjustment up to 15K HZ and we aren't hitting the 512G/S hard limit yet either. I know the early gen5 Camaro's had some maf issues but didnt know if I was running into something similar. I've swapped MAF's and get the same results, so now I'm thinking it may just be in the usable range of the sensor even though I can tune further than the sensor itself will allow.
    I wanted to get some feed back before I ran a lager MAF tube to drop the HZ.

I know You may be wondering why no S/D. The guy who owns this truck wants it to start and run exactly the same from -50 to + 85 degrees and we have 5K foot elevation changes so he could never afford paying me to get it that dialed......

Thanks,
    Nick
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Underground Performance
    (907)349-1555
    undergroundperformance.us
    EFI Live
    Diablo Sport CMR
    GM Chrysler and Ford

Can you post a picture of how the MAF is mounted? It sounds like a turbulance issue. I'm running my MAF up to 12K Hz without this problem (older E40 ECM).

Quote Originally Posted by ACCLR8N View Post
    Can you post a picture of how the MAF is mounted? It sounds like a turbulance issue. I'm running my MAF up to 12K Hz without this problem (older E40 ECM).
    I've only ever run into turbulence issues with a big tube at low air speeds. This is the stock procharger tube and has been perfect until we started running higher boost and making the maf run above 10k HZ. This maf is the round type and not the slot style like and vette or a camaro. I've run much more HP through a slot maf with no issues but have yet to run a round style this high.
    Thanks for the input, let me know any other thoughts or hopefully experience/known limitations with this style maf.

Thanks,
    Nick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130925_092014.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	589.2 KB 
ID:	15898
    Underground Performance
    (907)349-1555
    undergroundperformance.us
    EFI Live
    Diablo Sport CMR