Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 4l60e

Lifetime Member

Early 65 will be the same, late will have an input speed sensor but can still be used if you leave the Sensor in place.

what about using one out of v6 model??????????????

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by lbheart View Post
    what about using one out of v6 model??????????????
    From memory the Stator shaft is a different length, other than that they're the same but as your Stator Shaft looks damaged you'll need to replace it anyway so either new or a Donor V8 pump is needed.

I dont think my stator is really damaged might have to get this 4l65e pump and chuck that in

Also, besides the stator shaft being different, the V6 pump might have fewer vanes, and the rotor spring might be softer.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Also, besides the stator shaft being different, the V6 pump might have fewer vanes, and the rotor spring might be softer.
    Mine being a 2005 had the 13 Vane pump Joe, Spring I always change anyway so it doesn't drop pressure at high rpm, but good points, would be easier to use a V8 Donor as changing the Stator shaft requires a press.

Thats fine I have a press and can use spring from othere pump id its 10 vane ill upgrade

What torpue should I be using for the little torx bit bolt that go from stator to oump housing and that bolts that hould pump together

i might not of mentoined earlier but while i have never messed about with auto internals i have done a few manuals and a fair number of engine rebuilds and a few conversion over the years and i have a full work shop short of a hoist. from plasma cutter and big welders all the way down to the smallest socket ...

anyway ....
    i picked up a v6 auto 4l60e for $130.
    you wouldnt believe it but i had a bit of a win, it's got the orange paint and stock number marking of a reco gearbox at some point. took the pump out and pulled it apart.
    it has a 13 vane pump.
    changed everything over with the brand new stuff in my pump (except what i fucked ofcourse).
    chucked it in the press and pressed out the stator and pressed in the v8 one.

you were correct..... it appears everything else is the same.
    all i need now is torque wrench settings for putting it all back together, do you guys have them?

Lifetime Member

Cover to pump body 25NM

Pump to case 30NM

The Manual I have on this PC doesn't show a Tq Spec for the Stator bolts but a drop of 243 Loctite and snug them up firm should be safe enough as the bolts aren't subject to any "force" the Stator being dowelled.

There is a special tool (A big arse hose clamp) for aligning the 2 halves of the Pump, I just use the bench top and a straight edge at a couple of places with the bolts finger tight, then "adjust" with a plastic hammer, never had a drama doing it this way.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456