Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IAT 2 Timing correction tables e67 ??????

I did a test on the dyno yesterday to verify our problem. Commanded timing 16* pulled back to 9* at 6000 RPM result was 507 HP. took an extra IAT 2 sensor an plugged it in to the harness in free air...No timing was pulled result 672HP. left it that was to finish dialing in the car. 769 hp right now and still going, but I can't deliver this car this way. It has been converted to a Kennebell and they run 170f-200f with 16-20 psi boost. Heres a little clip from yesterday when we were chasing belt tension issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXjNSGfc7d4

Lifetime Member

Y BE AVG, looking at my IAT2 table, it is only for 248F+ so it wont help your issue around 170-200F (still be in the main IAT table).

I think your issue is elsewhere related to the IAT #2 sensor calibration as it sounds like that "fixed" your problem. I dont know where/how the IAT2 sensor ties in, I believe it goes in the s/c so the ECM knows exactly what the incoming cylinder air temp is.

Ross, I agree with you. I noticed it before, but just realized it again after your post and looking at the tables again. This "IAT2 Spark" table doesnt have anything to do with IAT2, it is simple an extension of the IAT Spark table. Looking at the 09 CTS-V OS, the IAT Spark table has the range of the IAT and IAT2 Spark tables in my 07-08 TBSS OSs.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

The factory boost cars use this table aggressively for timing control, im wanting to say it starts pulling timing from 130* and up. The zl1 I did the other day was pulling 5* at 145 iat2 temp, and lowering the base iat table did nothing for the timing drop.
    Head Calibrator
    Gwatney Performance Innovation
    Jacksonville, AR 501-982-2102

I think your issue is elsewhere related to the IAT #2 sensor calibration as it sounds like that "fixed" your problem. I dont know where/how the IAT2 sensor ties in, I believe it goes in the s/c so the ECM knows exactly what the incoming cylinder air temp is.

It is definately pulling Timing based on the IAT 2 temp sensor, there has to be something missing....
    Calibration Dept

Quote Originally Posted by Y BE AVG View Post
    took an extra IAT 2 sensor an plugged it in to the harness in free air...No timing was pulled result 672HP. left it that was to finish dialing in the car. 769 hp right now and still going
    That was a good test, nice idea. I'll have to dig a little deeper on IAT sensor #2.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Any update about this IAT2 tables ?
    I have the same problem in almost all heavily modified ZL1s CTS-Vs ZR1s
    I hoop if this table will be supported ASAP
    EFILive Tuner

Any body have CAX file to show this table ?
    Thanks in advance
    EFILive Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    That was a good test, nice idea. I'll have to dig a little deeper on IAT sensor #2.
    Ross any update about this problem i faced this problem in almost all E67 cars
    We need IAT2 table to be added to all OS
    EFILive Tuner

Hi Wesam, I'm still not sure what we are looking for though, there doesn't appear to be any IAT2 specific spark table. Can you confirm the timing is definitely being pulled on your tune based on IAT2 temps?
    The only table that makes sense is B5147 (IAT2 Spark Table) but that seems to have disappeared in OS's later than 2008 or so, the one that only kicked in above 120 DegC manifold temps. Can you confirm your IAT2 sensor is reading that high when the power is being pulled?
    Last edited by GMPX; December 21st, 2015 at 10:25 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Have any of you gentlemen tried setting the IAT Spark table (B5107) to all zeros, and then logged data looking for any unexplained variance in spark advance ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12