Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Making progress - need some logs reviewed

Default Making progress - need some logs reviewed

Hi all, need some guidance on these logs. Have an LS motor swapped into an older truck, and got it running, but just scratching the surface with the tune now. My background is heavy into carburetors and distributors... so alot of the learning curve here is knowing what parameters to log and work on, and for that I will need your help!

First off, reading a TON and have made some adjustments.

I had decided to starting with the RAFIG and also then did the CALC.VET.

The truck is on a chassis dyno, and using an NTK AFX wide band for the logging. It is an M6 combo, and has an unknown camshaft, but idles around 66 KPA (I can get the KOEO KPA, but we are at 4500 ft).

I did one round of RAFIG, and three of CALC.VET.

The LTFT's look odd to me on the logs, can you guys give me some opinions on that and anything else that you see on the logs?

Posting them shortly,

THANKS!!

9-7-13-LONGVET3.efiThis first log is the third round of a CALC.VET.

The AF ratio looked OK at WOT, so put a bit of load on it with a couple of pulls, this is the log. Also some idle time in there.. any advise would be GREAT!9-7-13-WOT2.efi

Here is the tune file, slight changes with the RAFIG, and then a couple of tweaks on the VE table... yeah it needs some smoothing still.
    9-7-13-S10-1_0002.tun

Post screenshots of your Calc.VET scantool maps (MAF and VE).

Post your calc_pids.txt file.

calc_pids.txt
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b5001 screenshot 0002tun.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	15793

Name:	b0101 screenshot 0002tun.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	15794

Ok, here are screenshots of what I think you are asking for, and the attached calc_pids.txt file, - just have to resize screenshots,

thanks!
    Last edited by rb1; September 8th, 2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: added resized screenshots

You have given Joe screen shots of your EFILive Tune maps. What Joe wanted to see (as I read it) are the maps from the v7.5 EFILive Scan Tool. The maps you use when data logging.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodchukka View Post
    You have given Joe screen shots of your EFILive Tune maps. What Joe wanted to see (as I read it) are the maps from the v7.5 EFILive Scan Tool. The maps you use when data logging.
    duh!

Sorry about that. Here they are. THis is the second round VET on the dyno, I already see I should have smoothed (or rather filled in the missing cells) things out better on the map before copy and pasting in to B0101.

Please let me know if I am off track here, or what you guys think of the data.

THANKs!

Name:	9-9-13-screenshot-longvet2.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	15795Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9-9-13-screenshot-longvet2-selben.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	15796

There is a spread sheet that I have used from the forum. Have a read of this thread.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....=interpolation

The adjustments to the VE table will be erratic also if you have not hit a particular cell enough times and obviously that will make the table erratic. The values should be an average of the accumulated data (not a one off number) which will give more accurate numbers for the adjustments.

As for how it looks I am not familiar with the numbers as I use Grams*Kelvin/kPa so my numbers look different however the numbers will depend on my point above.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodchukka View Post
    There is a spread sheet that I have used from the forum. Have a read of this thread.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....=interpolation

The adjustments to the VE table will be erratic also if you have not hit a particular cell enough times and obviously that will make the table erratic. The values should be an average of the accumulated data (not a one off number) which will give more accurate numbers for the adjustments.

As for how it looks I am not familiar with the numbers as I use Grams*Kelvin/kPa so my numbers look different however the numbers will depend on my point above.
    THANKS! I will check that spreadsheet out, sounds just like just what I need.

I spent more time on it today, and it runs quite well so far, tinkering with idle tricks and the cam is unknown but was told it is pretty big. Idles rough but stable so far.

Regarding my values on the VET map... I probably should change that over to the G*K/kPa because I constantly have to go in and enter the engine displacement... I will have to look into how to change that.

My main concern is that I am doing the CALC.VET correct... it seems I am, but I need some confirmation. The thing that I am worried about right now is the goofy LTFT I am seeing on bank 1.. Not sure what is going on there. Always seems to be in the positive side of correction. Any tips or tricks there? Here is the latest log and the latest tun

9-7-13-S10-1_0004.tun
    9-9-13-vet2-0004tun.efi

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast