Thread: Going nitro

Default Going nitro

Thanks to Graeme Cowin from Rocket industries, the Tremor team will be in Sydney next weekend doing licensing & test passes in an Outlaw Nitro Funnycar. Following a successful completion of the licensing stage we will then be back in November for the Outlaw Nitro meeting.
    We will be running the "Bandit" transam, which is a new acquisition for the Rocket team. Let the fun begin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0252.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	260.0 KB 
ID:	15645  
    The Tremor at AIR

Hey Mick, sounds like fun

so Tremor will run 2 cars now...?

Hi joe. The tremor should be running its final meeting this weekend in Alice Springs as an alcohol car. With the better heads and lets push the limit attitude of owner/driver Dan I will be trying to do some serious damage lol.(he gets upset with me cause I haven't hurt any parts yet tune up wise)
    From here the plan is to go nitro with the Tremor chassis. ( But I have some work to do on my tuning tool now to allow for nitro percentages etc.)
    The opportunity to to play alongside and learn from one of the sports greats is something that I will relish. ( until I tell him he is wrong. Lol,)
    The Tremor at AIR

Licensing went well with a 5.973 first pass @ 215mph.(had to pedal the car) Second run saw the tyres go up in smoke at the hit & the run was immediately aborted. Third & final run saw some major pedalling to get the car away from the centreline and an et of 6.4 seconds. More weight needs to be added over the front of the Bandit as it carries the front wheels & has limited steerage. We had a lot to learn about getting these torque monsters down the track but were pretty happy in the end.
    The Tremor at AIR

Wow! Great opportunity as well as BIG FUN! Congrats!

What PCM are they running?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Wow! Great opportunity as well as BIG FUN! Congrats!

What PCM are they running?
    The one between your ears lol.
    The Tremors final meet saw pb after pb on the Sunday. The best & last run was 6.631 @ 213mph.
    Saturday was a day of dramas with first the crank bolt breaking & exiting the car in the burnout. Second run was a pb with a 6.710 @ 195mph. Third run had the crank hub shear the keys & split the hub at 330 ft. It was a lot of hard work on the Saturday & through the evening, but Sundays results made it all worthwhile.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Licensing went well with a 5.973 first pass @ 215mph.(had to pedal the car) Second run saw the tyres go up in smoke at the hit & the run was immediately aborted. Third & final run saw some major pedalling to get the car away from the centreline and an et of 6.4 seconds. More weight needs to be added over the front of the Bandit as it carries the front wheels & has limited steerage. We had a lot to learn about getting these torque monsters down the track but were pretty happy in the end.
    Hey Mick,

Good job sounds like a lot of fun (altho I know it keeps everyone on their toes).

Which track did you go to do licensing...?

Also, can you explain again the CAMS rule regarding when short track is used (i.e. not the full 1/4 mile)...

Hi Joe.
    Licensing in the Bandit was done at Eastern Creek in Sydney (WSID) over the 1/4 mile.
    The tremor was run here in Alice, again over the 1/4 as we run exhibition passes.
    ANDRA, who govern Drag racing over here, will only allow paired passes over the 1/4 up to 200mph on the Alice Springs track. Anything faster can only run the 1/8th mile. This is due to our wall only going to the 1/8 at this stage. Funding has been secured & the wall will be finished before the start of next season.
    AIR (Adelaide) will only allow 1000ft passes for vehicles expected to run 200mph or faster over the 1/4. I have since heard that this is limits enforced by the promoter & not ANDRA.
    The Tremor at AIR