408 lq9 swap
    ls3 heads
    248/257 .615/598 cam
    patriot gold .650 springs
    42lb injectors
    vic jr intake with the low profile elbow
    90mm throttle body
    11.3 to 1 compression

now what im having problems with is a low rpm miss fire under load its not there at wot and runs strong but if I just baby it up to speed ill get a popping or a drop in power. Also im getting a surge but I think its mostly the misfire while cruising around town. Ive logged my runs and my spark table isn't jumping around. I have changed my plugs and plug wires which made it seem to have more low end torque. but when I pull the plugs I cant seem to find the one that's missing. I Bought a new coil pack and started moving it around to see if it made any difference on different cylinders and that didn't seem to help. So I moved on to see if moving injectors around while monitoring misfires and that didn't seem to help. when logging misfires it seems the most misfires are on cylinder5 and 6 so I did a compression check on the whole motor and everything is dead on give or take 5 numbers I also did a leak down test and found nothing everything looks good. pulled the valve covers and no broken springs everything is moving fine. Now my question is can my pcm be going out and this be causing my problems I will attach my tune file along with a log of my run from last night maybe theres something I missed when tuning for the bigger motor
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 383camaro; September 19th, 2013 at 02:10 AM.

i forgot that when logging misfires the most misfires are on cylinders 5 and 6 but all of them will hit then go away then hit then go away so it coming and going i made sure that i was watching the data when i had the motor running its smoothest. I did do a crank relearn.

Don't forget injectors can cause a misfire event too.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

yea i did take that into consideration to so i moved those around and also logged the misfires and they didn't seem to move the misfire counts any

Inspect the harness wiring for damage (unravel it from the convolute tubing).

Disconnect the PCM, coils, injectors, and measure the resistance of each wire (end-to-end).

Inspect the pins in the PCM connector, and in the coil/injector connectors (look for damage or corrosion).

Measure voltage drop across each PCM power feed, and each PCM ground (e.g. measure voltage between battery and pin/wire at PCM) with engine running.

Measure voltage drop across each ground strap (e.g. between mounting bolts at each end).

What holds your battery down (is it loose)...?

My battery is held down by the stock hold down. And today I pulled the harness out to inspect it and didn't see anything out of the ordinary so I said what the hell so I pulled the computer apart and right away I smelled burnt electronics. After tracing down the pin outs on the computer and splitting the two halfs of the boards away from each other I found the fuel sending unit ground pin has a chard mark on the board do you think it fried anything else on the board?

Yes, other stuff could be fried.

Question: what caused the over-current to occur...?

My thoughts exactly I guess its time to pull the sending unit

Well I pulled the sending unit and this is kind of scary this is what I found also here is what my ecu looks likeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130827_244720_195.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	586.6 KB 
ID:	15861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130827_233546_815.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	381.8 KB 
ID:	15862

Those wires were shorting...? Wow...!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast