Thread: Need some help waking up 2002 on bottom end, Have made some headway but hit roadblock

Default Need some help waking up 2002 on bottom end, Have made some headway but hit roadblock

Ive always hated how much a dog my wifes 2002 Tahoe is from idle to like 2500rpms. I understand that it is a heavy rig and the 5.3l's are always a little weak on the bottom end. I understand that a higher stall TC would help my issue some also but im not gonna get that far into it with the wifes rig that she is fine with stock. Just annoying to me especially when im used to my duramax and cant leave anything alone.

Ive played with it some after doing a ton of research on this forum and others and it has gotten a little better but it is still weak like ive got no timing up until 2500rpms then something flips a switch at 2501rpms and it takes off pretty good. Also if you powerbrake it the engine goes up to 1500 and wont go any higher or break the tires loose, It sounds to me like all of the timing is pulled out of the engine. Obviously this isnt a tire fryin type of rig but i can tell from hearing the engine when it hits 1500 that something is limiting it from going higher.

Ive adjusted the burst knock table to 2 all of the way across the board instead of 6 close to idle then down to 2 as RPM increases. Should i zero this and can it be done safely?

I have attached the latest tune file if you guys would be so kind to take a look at it. This is my expirement tune to try and get some more bottom end out of the engine. The one i made before this which the "expirement" tune is based off of i have adjusted these tables...
    Transmission Calibration.Desired Shift Times
    {D1108} Desired 1-2 Shift Times, modified.
    {D1109} Desired 2-3 Shift Times, modified.
    {D1110} Desired 3-4 Shift Times, modified.

Transmission Calibration.Torque Reduction.Upshift
    {D0801} Torque Reduction 1->2 Shift, modified.
    {D0802} Torque Reduction 2->3 Shift, modified.

Transmission Calibration.Torque Reduction.Abuse
    {D0301} Transmission Torque Reduction, changed from "Enable" to "Disable".

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files