Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V2 Licensing between two different V2's?

Default V2 Licensing between two different V2's?

I'm have a customer who wants to have a LS1B PCM I flashed for him with EFI Live dyno tuned.

My question is, can any EFI Live equipped dyno tune shop that Does Not Have a LS1B Stream License reflash his PCM I flashed, without my customer having to pay for another V2 license?

Maybe what I need to do, to help save my customer from having to pay for another V2 license, is allow the dyno tune shop to use the V2 I used to flash his PCM with.

My customer seems very upset with me because of the way the V2 licensing is set up.

dave w

If your customer is upset about the extra $125, wait until he sees the dyno bill
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    If your customer is upset about the extra $125, wait until he sees the dyno bill
    Thanks for the reply. So if I'm understanding your response correctly, my customer Will Have To Pay the Non LS1B Stream License dyno tuner a license fee? I agree, dyno tuners have expensive fees, what dyno tuner doesn't? What my customer hates more than anything else, is incorrect information! Somehow my customer was told (not by me) or read somewhere on this forum that any LS1B PCM flashed by a V2 could then be flashed by anyone who has a V2. Please reply with accurate information.

dave w

I am pretty sure that unless a vehicle controller (PCM) is licenced by the V2 being used it cannot be flashed. All V2s have the stream for LS1A automatically. But without the V2 that has the LS1B stream purchased and unlocked, a single GM V2 tuning license would have to be purchased (neither the vehicle or the other V2 "know" that a different V2 has a stream)

So what I am trying to say is you are buying the ability of YOUR V2 to flash unlimited LS1As when you purchase the stream.

Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Lifetime Member

Our licensing scheme ties the PCM serial number to the FlashScan V2 hardware using a VIN license. The license information is stored in FlashScan, not the PCM, so if you were to use a second FlashScan on the vehicle that FlashScan would need to license it also.

You mention stream license in your description, a stream license allows UNLIMITED licensing on a FlashScan for a particular controller type. Typically these cost somewhere between $1500 and $3000 depending on the controller. Customers would only ever purchase a stream if they were tuning MANY vehicles with the same controller. A customer tuning a small number of vehicles would use our VIN licensing scheme, where FlashScan V2 ships with 2 VINs to tune 2 PCMs or ECMs and 2 TCMs, additional VIN licenses can be purchased for $125.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Can't your customer simply bring his own V2 to the dyno shop and let the tuner use it...?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Can't your customer simply bring his own V2 to the dyno shop and let the tuner use it...?
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I'm have a customer who wants to have a LS1B PCM I flashed for him with EFI Live dyno tuned.

My question is, can any EFI Live equipped dyno tune shop that Does Not Have a LS1B Stream License reflash his PCM I flashed, without my customer having to pay for another V2 license?

Maybe what I need to do, to help save my customer from having to pay for another V2 license, is allow the dyno tune shop to use the V2 I used to flash his PCM with.

My customer seems very upset with me because of the way the V2 licensing is set up.

dave w
    Sounds like the easiest solution.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    My customer does not own a V2. I own a V2, and my customer purchased a license to allow me to flash his PCM. I'm not liking the idea of loaning out my V2.

dave w

I hear that. Consider the AutoCal option for your future customers.

Lifetime Member

Wouldn't he be in the same boat since the autocal would be licensed to his V2 only? I'm still trying to learn up on the autocal stuff to so I'm also interested but seams to me a new tuner equals a new license unless the customer has his own V2
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast