Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V2 Licensing between two different V2's?

Lifetime Member

The 2 options are: loan your V2, or license it to another FlashScan.

Autocal wouldn't work in this situation, only the original tuner can provide tunes for the device, unless its reset and allocated to a subsequent tuner (ie Autocal has a 1 to 1 relationship with a FlashScan)

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    My customer does not own a V2. I own a V2, and my customer purchased a license to allow me to flash his PCM. I'm not liking the idea of loaning out my V2.

dave w
    I think there may be a lesson here. When you let a customer make a purchase of a license for a piece of hardware they do not own, they leave with the impression of ownership over something that is not possible. Perhaps including the cost of the license in your total cost of service would eliminate that misconception in the future.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    I think there may be a lesson here. When you let a customer make a purchase of a license for a piece of hardware they do not own, they leave with the impression of ownership over something that is not possible. Perhaps including the cost of the license in your total cost of service would eliminate that misconception in the future.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Thanks for the input. The customer recently made some internal engine mods, and now wants a dyno tune. Several months ago, the customer was happy with the auto cal tune I initially completed. The customer installed an LS1B PCM and LS engine into a vehicle built before OBDI (typically a vehicle application EFI Live support has little or no interest in working with). In general, the EFI Live licensing structure is confusing to people who do not deal with OBDII EFI systems on a daily basis. Basically, customers I help are very reluctant to spend money on something they don't understand / or pay twice for something they thought had already paid for. Most people I help really don't want to get involved / deal with the EFI Live licensing details. Typically customers I help want simple and low cost, not always an option when working with OBDII.

dave w

Lifetime Member

I'm not sure how much simpler our licensing structure can be. A flat fee of $125 per license seems pretty straight forward.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    I'm not sure how much simpler our licensing structure can be. A flat fee of $125 per license seems pretty straight forward.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I agree 100% its the easiest out of all my different tuning suites for sure. $125 licenses your V2 to a pcm/ecm, a license is required for each V2 wanting to flash that pcm/ecm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12