Thread: Duramax LLY Flashing issues

Angry Duramax LLY Flashing issues

Well, originally I had a ppe standard tuner, and I set my truck to stock, then flashed a new stock file from the dealer, then flashed efi live. Unplugged trailer brake, no sound system, pulled all necessary fuses, lights off, doors shut, radio and AC off. Drove it and could barely even climb a hill. Talked to Willie Parsons from synthetic and I did a data log and he sent it to Kory at ppei. Kory said my MAF sensor was fucked, so I replaced it with one from O'Reillys and it made no bit of difference. So I unplugged the MAF sensor and it hauled ass, blew some black tho. Engine light has been on ever since I flashed it, and have worked with alligator performance and Willie and it still didnt work. I verified all my truck info was correct. I have 6 dtc codes displayed, including the 2 egr codes, even though I told them about the egr delete. Never had to fingerstick with the ppe standard. Also have Garrett stage 2 turbo. Maybe Kory didnt tune it right. Any help please?? This merygoround hasn't stopped for a month

Are you sure you didn't put the MAF sensor in backwards? Did you have it rescaled for an LBZ intake but still have an LLY?
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Are you sure you didn't put the MAF sensor in backwards? Did you have it rescaled for an LBZ intake but still have an LLY?
    Nope. Willie asked me that before and the sensor can only be mounted one way for the holes to line up on my k&n intake. They did that for a reason! The outlet is supposed to stick to the outside. The truck ran fine with the ppe standard with the bigger turbo, just didnt unleash the full potential. It was acting sluggish when I flashed it at the dealership but I thought that was normal. All they did was put in the updated stock file.

Any chance the MAF wires could be shorting out on something? I've read about a few different areas where the wiring harness passes hard corners that can wear through it.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder550 View Post
    Any chance the MAF wires could be shorting out on something? I've read about a few different areas where the wiring harness passes hard corners that can wear through it.
    Hmm. Maybe. Should I take it back to the dealer and have them look at it?

Is the maf coated in oil from the k&n?
    01 CCSB Chevy 4WD HD LB7, built trans, and some other stuff

Lifetime Member

I doubt its Korys tuning as you suggest as a potential cause, but you can quickly and easily test that by flashing back in your stock tune that you read out before you flashed your current tune.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    I doubt its Korys tuning as you suggest as a potential cause, but you can quickly and easily test that by flashing back in your stock tune that you read out before you flashed your current tune.

Cheers
    Cindy
    No, I bought a new sensor, and it was for a 2500hd, which I'm guessing the gas and diesels are generic for that? I tested it out and the truck spooled very slow until red line, behaved the same way as the original. Someone told me they think the part might be defective as it was from oreillys. but like i said earlier the truck started acting like that when i had it flashed at the dealership. And why would the egr codes still pop after flashing??