Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Update:Oct 16, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The new "Check Firmware" option:
    Attachment 16011
    I think this is exactly what is needed. Giving them an option, but making it part of the firmware update process is what people need to make this MUCH easier.
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Attachment 16011
    Good deal this alerts the user that would otherwise be unaware that the V2 config needs updating also.

Just had my first update issue with EFI Live. I updated both V7.5 and V8. Then updated my V2 bootblock and firmware. All went fine. Downloaded a stock Calibration out of a new C7. It came up unrecognized PCM.
    No biggie. I had stuff to do. Shut my laptop off. Figured I would email to Cindy later. Now it is later. Fire laptop up. Start EFILive. Oops forgot to plug in my V2. Plug my V2 and my laptop and my laptop crashes instantly to the blue screen of death. Tried restarting with the V2 plugged in. Would not. Just got the windows safe mode start up screen. Unplug the V2 the laptop fires right up without issue. Tryed plugging in the V2 in with a different USB cord it still crashes. Tryed different com lorts still crashes. I am guessing this a drivet issue. As the V2 worked on it own on the car. But it also worked tether to the laptop and the car earlier today. I thought the driver would have caused problems then to. Some reset after being shut down?
    I need to tune truck tomorrow if possible and I would like to email Cindy this stock C7 cal.
    Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    Just had my first update issue with EFI Live. I updated both V7.5 and V8. Then updated my V2 bootblock and firmware. All went fine. Downloaded a stock Calibration out of a new C7. It came up unrecognized PCM.
    No biggie. I had stuff to do. Shut my laptop off. Figured I would email to Cindy later. Now it is later. Fire laptop up. Start EFILive. Oops forgot to plug in my V2. Plug my V2 and my laptop and my laptop crashes instantly to the blue screen of death. Tried restarting with the V2 plugged in. Would not. Just got the windows safe mode start up screen. Unplug the V2 the laptop fires right up without issue. Tryed plugging in the V2 in with a different USB cord it still crashes. Tryed different com lorts still crashes. I am guessing this a drivet issue. As the V2 worked on it own on the car. But it also worked tether to the laptop and the car earlier today. I thought the driver would have caused problems then to. Some reset after being shut down?
    I need to tune truck tomorrow if possible and I would like to email Cindy this stock C7 cal.
    Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
    Uninstall the new driver and install the old driver.

Thanks I will try that when I get back from Trick or Treat with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    Downloaded a stock Calibration out of a new C7. It came up unrecognized PCM!
    You haven't downloaded the correct EFIlive software versions then (unless your C7 already has an update). You need to be running the versions posted in post #1 of this thread.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I will double check when I get back home. I did check the build numbers after doing update. They looked right. But I could have missed something. Car just came in.

Attachment 16011

And a FAR BETTER job than I was even hoping for! Bravo!

Much appreciated!
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

I had the correct versions. Uninstalled and Reinstalled. Same problem. Instant crash as soon as the V2 is plugged in. Not real happy to say the least.

Default Ross LOVES T43's!

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We will do that right after the Beatles release a new album with all original members, I promise.

If you don't come to SEMA, I'll have to ship your Christmas present to you.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast