Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Update:Oct 16, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    If you don't come to SEMA, I'll have to ship your Christmas present to you.
    Yep, not going to SEMA so feel free to ship those T-shirts, I am just about out of oil rags.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    I had the correct versions. Uninstalled and Reinstalled. Same problem. Instant crash as soon as the V2 is plugged in. Not real happy to say the least.
    Please submit your driver issues through http://support.efilive.com/index.php
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well still no luck. I uninstalled all EFI Live programs. Deleted the previous downloads. Shut off all programs not needed. Redownloaded the .exe files this time thru IE. Last time I used FireFox. Build numbers check out correct. I went into EFI Live_USBManger. Installed USB 2.08.14 drivers. As soon as you plug the V2 the computer goes blue screen of death.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Please submit your driver issues through http://support.efilive.com/index.php
    Done with pictures and a video.

Any help regarding my problem in post 41 ?
    EFILive Tuner

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    This error appear while installing V7.5 in Windows XP SP3 then the setup hangs and never complete
    Sorry for not replying, I didn't see this post when it was first posted.

Some things to try:
    • Try disabling your virus checker before installing the software (don't forget to re-enable it after the install).
    • Try running the installation "as administrator". (Right click on the downloaded install executable and select "Run as...", then select the administrator account.
    • Make sure FlashScan/AutoCal (or any other similar type of USB device) is not connected during the install.
    • Try removing all the EFILive/FTDI USB drivers from your computer before installing. See this thread for details: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....al-USB-drivers

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    This business of old tunes (before this release) no longer working once updated to this release is really screwing up customers.....

Paul, was this necessary due to CSP switching security?

Ive got customers with a new CSP-5 street but a older say pulling tune that no longer works with the updated firmware/software...and Im getting tons of emails asking why their old tunes wont work anymore....
    It has nothing to do with CSP5 switching, it was to fix a problem with LB7/LLY auto-locking.

What you describe is not quite how the latest change should manifest itself. Old/Existing files will continue to be work with the new software without any noticeable difference.
    If you update to the new software and send a new file (that was saved with the new software) to someone who still has the old software, then they won't be able to open or flash that new file until they upgrade to the new software and firmware.

If you're describing some other problem, please let me know more details.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

OK it is a laptop issue. I just loaded the software on another laptop and it works just as it should.
    Wondering if my USB ports are getting weak? Old HP Pavilion DV1000 . XP Personal and USB1 ports .
    Might be time for a new laptop.

Lifetime Member

Lol
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    OK it is a laptop issue. I just loaded the software on another laptop and it works just as it should.
    Wondering if my USB ports are getting weak? Old HP Pavilion DV1000 . XP Personal and USB1 ports .
    Might be time for a new laptop.
    Well I am not so sure it is a laptop issue. I was thinking that the V2 was drawing to much power from the USB and causing the crash. Well I don't think that is so now. I tried plugging in my V1 and it crashes instantly. I tried plugging the V2 in a vehicle then into my laptop in hopes that it would help power the V2. No luck still crashed. I tried running both my external USB hard drives at once. No issues at all. I tried every USB device I could find in my house and shop. All work without issue but my V2 and V1. I borrowed a laptop that is newer and runs Windows 7. My V2 and V1 work on it without issue. So know I think this might be a Windows XP compatibility issue. I made sure my Windows XP was update and that I had all the updates for the laptop from HP. Also looking at replacing with a Win7 Panasonic Toughbook.

Here is a video of my laptop crashing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSeB...e_gdata_player

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast