Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Nov 21, 2013

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Update: Nov 21, 2013

This update has been provided for customers that require the updated functionality listed in the "Updates" section below and for customers that require fixes to the known issues listed here.
    EFILive advises caution when using this update in a production environment.

Download here:

Updates:

V7

• Stopped V7 from attempting to create or update files in "Program Files" (i.e. PCMLocks.ini and *.lbu license backup files).
    • Added E86 (LML Duramax) calibration support.
    • Added E20 (Family-Z 4cyl Diesel) calibration support.
    • Added E83 (1.6L Turbo) calibration support.
    • Added Speed Limiters for E92 ECM.

V8

• Re-enabled "Created By" and "Modified By" fields which were incorrectly set to read-only.
    • Fixed "Modified By" date not being loaded correctly from tune files.
    • V8 now handles controllers with corrupted serial numbers (i.e. for E54(LB7) and E60(LLY) controllers) the same as V7. That means if V7 was used in the past to license a controller with a corrupted serial number, V8 will now respect that license when flashing that same controller.
    • Added Buttons on y-axis in charts to provide fast/easy access to auto-scale and hide/show data.
    • Added a prototype [F3: Data] view for V8 Scan Tool. The final data view layout/format will be different from simple layout released in this version.
    • Chart now receives focus when left-clicked while "Ctrl+F2 mouse disable" option is active. Which means you can use the arrow keys to move the chart inspector.
    • Activated [F4: DTC]->[F2: Controller] info option to allow controller info to be retrieved and displayed (DTC, Test Status, and Test Result options are not yet available). Not all controllers are support yet.
    • Fixed Access Violation error when attempting to change the VIN in a *.ctz file.
    • Chart playback now zooms to a 1:1 zoom while playing-back and reverts to the previous zoom level after playback stops.
    • Added a "Tip of the Day" display at start up.

Firmware

• BBF (Black Box Flashing) now handles controllers with corrupted serial numbers (i.e. for E54(LB7) and E60(LLY) controllers) the same as V7. That means if V7 was used in the past to license a controller with a corrupted serial number, BBF will now respect that license when flashing that same controller.

Known Issues:
    Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.
    Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 246
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 238
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.06 (Aug 02, 2013
    )
    To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.53 (Nov 19
    , 2013)
    To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)
    Last edited by Blacky; June 9th, 2014 at 04:30 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul, thanks.

Hurrah! Wow, E83 1.6 turbo, I've been waiting for this moment. The only pity is my operating system not supported yet.

Really, what OS do you have? I know we only put two in this release and I must confess these are from the local Holden's when they changed to the E83 (1.6L) in 2013 from the E78 (1.4L). I suspect maybe you have an Opel?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes, you're absolutely right, I have Opel Astra-j a16let E83A 12639834. I hope very much that receive support for this OS.

Ah, E83A, that would explain it. Don't fret, we will get those done early/mid January (sorry you got all excited for nothing). December is a bit of a write off with us going to the PRI show.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Just to clairify, was the emissions removal options removed for all duramax controllers or just for the new lml?
    Scott

Pre LML Duramax calibrations are still untouched for many years, LML never had any emissions defeat to begin with, not even in beta.

Lifetime Member

Is there going to be a place we can get stock LML/LGH tune files?

Thanks
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

I second the above post^^^^

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast