Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Update:Oct 16, 2013

Dont know if this has been fixed in Build 236, but this is an error I get while trying to delete a BBL PID list. Deleting a LS1B list works fine, but anything with E38/T42/T43 I get this error (attatched).

Minor bug, but a bug none the less. Thanks for your work!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8Problem.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	16042  

Quote Originally Posted by samh_08 View Post
    Dont know if this has been fixed in Build 236, but this is an error I get while trying to delete a BBL PID list. Deleting a LS1B list works fine, but anything with E38/T42/T43 I get this error (attatched).

Minor bug, but a bug none the less. Thanks for your work!
    Hi Sam,

Which V8 build version do you see that...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi Sam,

Which V8 build version do you see that...?
    My bad I meant to type that right away. Build 234 for the V8.2.2 Software.

Quote Originally Posted by samh_08 View Post
    My bad I meant to type that right away. Build 234 for the V8.2.2 Software.
    I let Paul know.

Are you able to make it happen with V8 build 236...?

Lifetime Member

Download the latest V8 (build 236) from this thread and try it again Sam, if it is still an issue then Paul can take a look.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Just updated to Build 236 and updated to the latest firmware. Same issue and error message..

I get the error too from time to time, particularly when plugging in an autocal/v2 but opening the bbx screen to the stock 'options.txt' file. It ONLY happens when i click the 'read' button (like when i'm updating autocals scripts because i just updated their firmware)..... other than that - I can't even say it happens every time. Just seems when there's a whole lot of scan PIDs or ECMs on the page (as there is when the options.txt file is open) - and i click the Read button - i get this error. Figured it was just my computer since it doesn't happen all the time.
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Quote Originally Posted by zfuller123 View Post
    I get the error too from time to time, particularly when plugging in an autocal/v2 but opening the bbx screen to the stock 'options.txt' file. It ONLY happens when i click the 'read' button (like when i'm updating autocals scripts because i just updated their firmware)..... other than that - I can't even say it happens every time. Just seems when there's a whole lot of scan PIDs or ECMs on the page (as there is when the options.txt file is open) - and i click the Read button - i get this error. Figured it was just my computer since it doesn't happen all the time.
    Before doing Read, first do Program All (one time only, until you flash new firmware)... and then after that check if doing Read still causes that error.

i dont think this is due to this update but today I cannot get anything in v8-v7.5-efilive explorer to open up. V7.5 does but it just suddenly crashes without warning or error. scan tool opens up and seems to work. i have tuned my duramax with this update yesterday. no problems. installed builds from this link and updated firmware when this thread started so i know everything is up to date . i did run a virus scan because of this issue hoping something got infected but it didn't fix the problem. it did find some stuff tho. i'm thinking my laptop is on its way out and i need to get a new one tomorrow. i cant shut it down or restart it via OS, it just gets stuck on "logging off". got 3 trucks this wknd to tune. can any of you pm me the best operating system to use and a good affordable laptop without a bunch of crap pre loaded on it. this will be used just to tune trucks. thought about a net book because of the smaller size. I have vista now and don't want it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	16048

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Before doing Read, first do Program All (one time only, until you flash new firmware)... and then after that check if doing Read still causes that error.
    If these were blank autocals, i would do that. ZBut since these are autocals set up and ready to go just with older firmware because of this update, and the way the process is designed to work - clicking the read button is what i want to do. i don't want to open each specific config file for every autocal when i have 20 of them sitting in front of me to update. I'm lazy like that :-) I used to just plug in, update firmware, then open BBX, do a read, then program all and was done. that is how the process used to work, and for the most part still does. My experience is this error usually only shows up if the BBX screen defaults to the 'options.txt' file (default file) where most all of the controllers are shown as well as most of the ecms for BBL are show and i hit the read button to pull in what's on the autocal and update the scripts.

Hopefully Paul's new update for when the firmware gets updated solves all of this. I like his plans for that.
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast