Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Update:Oct 16, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    Try uninstalling the driver, then uninstall the V7.5 and V8 programs. Go into windows explorer and navigate to Program Files>EFILive. Delete the EFILive folder. Then reboot the machine and reinstall the V7.5 and V8 software but don't install any driver. Plug the flashscan in and see if you get the blue screen or not. If you don't get the blue screen and you get windows detects new hardware, then use the windows wizard to install the driver.
    Just did this. Followed your directions to the letter. As soon as the USB cable was plugged into my laptop from the V2 the laptop blue screened.

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    Been a while since I read all your posts. Does it do this while charging the laptop too? Did you try an external USB port?
    I have not tried an external USB port.

If you have a newer laptop, it configures the USB ports for USB3/xHCI...

go into the system BIOS and disable xHCI and/or set USB to USB2.

Please-Read-Windows-8-Users-USB3/xHCI

I'm posting this at the suggestion of joecar. my new v2 will not read out my ls1b controller (2001 corvette a4). my software/firmware is as follows

v7.5.7 build 244
    v8.2.2 build 236
    boot block 2.07.06
    firmware 2.07.51

when I try to read with v7 it says the boot loader is rejected and can't unlock
    when I try to read with v8 it says error $0537 controller locked with a custom key

the controller isn't locked as it has been read with hpt less than a week ago. any help is greatly appreciated. I miss my v1 :(

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    Just did this. Followed your directions to the letter. As soon as the USB cable was plugged into my laptop from the V2 the laptop blue screened.
    Okay, with no driver installed we know that the driver can't be the problem.

Try plugging the V2 into your car. You won't need to turn the ignition key on, the V2 will draw power from the car with the key off. Now with the V2 powered by the car, plug it into your laptop... see if the laptop blue screens. We're testing to see if the problem goes away when we don't need the USB port to supply any power to the V2.

EDIT: Okay, I just read back and in post #90 you already tried this.

All I can think of is that you have some corrupt file in windows. It's not an XP compatiblity issue as I'm running XP with no problems. You might have to back-up all your files and do a clean install of XP if you want to continue using that laptop.
    Last edited by statesman; November 3rd, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

Okay, with no driver installed we know that the driver can't be the problem.

Try plugging the V2 into your car. You won't need to turn the ignition key on, the V2 will draw power from the car with the key off. Now with the V2 powered by the car, plug it into your laptop... see if the laptop blue screens. We're testing to see if the problem goes away when we don't need the USB port to supply any power to the V2.

EDIT: Okay, I just read back and in post #90 you already tried this.

All I can think of is that you have some corrupt file in windows. It's not an XP compatiblity issue as I'm running XP with no problems. You might have to back-up all your files and do a clean install of XP if you want to continue using that laptop.
    I removed the drivers and EFI Live files again. Shut down and restarted. Plugged in the V2 without any EFI Live software in the computer. Still crashes. Something is windows is corrupt from the sounds of it. Not sure I want to whip it clean and start again. I need to do some reading on that. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by outkast View Post
    I'm posting this at the suggestion of joecar. my new v2 will not read out my ls1b controller (2001 corvette a4). my software/firmware is as follows

v7.5.7 build 244
    v8.2.2 build 236
    boot block 2.07.06
    firmware 2.07.51

when I try to read with v7 it says the boot loader is rejected and can't unlock
    when I try to read with v8 it says error $0537 controller locked with a custom key

the controller isn't locked as it has been read with hpt less than a week ago. any help is greatly appreciated. I miss my v1 :(
    I pm'd Paul (but we may have to open a Support ticket).

Can you try reading the PCM's tune using V2 BBR...?

Do you mean just reading it with v2 ( no laptop )? If so I can try it later this afternoon and report back

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    I removed the drivers and EFI Live files again. Shut down and restarted. Plugged in the V2 without any EFI Live software in the computer. Still crashes. Something is windows is corrupt from the sounds of it. Not sure I want to whip it clean and start again. I need to do some reading on that. Thanks for your help!
    A clean install of XP is generally a last resort... I know you said that you uninstalled the driver but are you sure you uninstalled the driver correctly? I got a feeling that the driver might still be there.

What procedure did you use to uninstall the driver?

A clean install of XP is generally a last resort... I know you said that you uninstalled the driver but are you sure you uninstalled the driver correctly? I got a feeling that the driver might still be there.

What procedure did you use to uninstall the driver?
    I did what it said in the sticky and used the uninstaller for the drivers that comes in EFI Live.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast