Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Update:Oct 16, 2013

This error appear while installing V7.5 in Windows XP SP3 then the setup hangs and never complete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	16007  
    EFILive Tuner

Lifetime Member

I have put a little over 400 miles on a new CSP tune. Data logging is great, switching seems to be working ok. It doesn't seem to make a difference if I am logging at the same time or not, but sometimes it can take about 20 seconds to switch tunes. Most of the time it is almost instant, but a couple of times it has taken almost a full minuet to switch. After I select a new tune, and it is slow to switch, the blue light on the back of the switch will randomly flash until it actually switches.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

I noticed that if you unplug the switch, change the switch setting, plug switch back in it stays on the previous setting prior to UN plugging. It only recognizes the switch setting once its changed after plugging it back in. This is probably just the nature of this smart switch. Just wondering, Was it not possible to do simple switches like dsp?

Just another thought, as it seems to have started creeping up a few releases back and progressively getting worse....

On the V8 - if you're going to test for the firmware version of the V2/Autocal when doing a pass thru flash, could you do it BEFORE the flash starts? I've had it happen twice now where customers didn't go hit the 'check firmware' button prior to starting a flash (and weren't prompted for an update like the software used to as soon as V8 Scan & Tune was opened) - and of course, when the firmware update popped up - they were under way on doing a full flash of the controller and decided to hit the update firmware / boot block buttons which it ALLOWED and - well - you can imagine the support and fun from there.

It'd be really nice if the V2 is in use, that the boot block / firmware updates are NOT allowed to be done simultaneously - and it'd be even nicer to go back to the way the software used to seem to function (in my experience at least) and the firmware warnings were given when the software opened - not after the V2 was actually 'in use'...

Be happy to try and clarify more if you need me to. It is supportable of course, but boy would it be nice to NOT have to support it - especially on a Saturday afternoon with a dead truck AND v2 and panicking customer.....
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Quote Originally Posted by ATPCummins View Post
    I have put a little over 400 miles on a new CSP tune. Data logging is great, switching seems to be working ok. It doesn't seem to make a difference if I am logging at the same time or not, but sometimes it can take about 20 seconds to switch tunes. Most of the time it is almost instant, but a couple of times it has taken almost a full minuet to switch. After I select a new tune, and it is slow to switch, the blue light on the back of the switch will randomly flash until it actually switches.
    Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    I noticed that if you unplug the switch, change the switch setting, plug switch back in it stays on the previous setting prior to UN plugging. It only recognizes the switch setting once its changed after plugging it back in. This is probably just the nature of this smart switch. Just wondering, Was it not possible to do simple switches like dsp?
    What switches are you using, by the sound of it these are SoCal's switches?
    comnrailpwr, we couldn't do a simple voltage based switch like DSP because the Cummins ECM had no spare inputs to use, it had to be a CAN bus switch.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    What switches are you using, by the sound of it these are SoCal's switches?
    comnrailpwr, we couldn't do a simple voltage based switch like DSP because the Cummins ECM had no spare inputs to use, it had to be a CAN bus switch.
    Gotcha. Yes I pre ordered the switched months ago from guyy. I will be ordering all my switches pass through from Zach from now on. Its stupid to even offer the non pass through style but I never had an option.

Lifetime Member

Yes Ross, I am using a Socal pass-through switch.

Mike
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Lifetime Member

I just noticed that when logging injector balance rates on 5.9's, the #1 value is way off. I have checked two trucks that run good, an '06 and an '07, and both trucks are showing approximately 20mm3 for #1. The other cylinders are reading realistic rates (0.2-1.1mm3).
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by ATPCummins View Post
    I just noticed that when logging injector balance rates on 5.9's, the #1 value is way off. I have checked two trucks that run good, an '06 and an '07, and both trucks are showing approximately 20mm3 for #1. The other cylinders are reading realistic rates (0.2-1.1mm3).
    My Black V2 does that but not my Blue V2. It would only do it when I would BBX on the Black V2. When I checked it live it would show realistic numbers.

This business of old tunes (before this release) no longer working once updated to this release is really screwing up customers.....

Paul, was this necessary due to CSP switching security?

Ive got customers with a new CSP-5 street but a older say pulling tune that no longer works with the updated firmware/software...and Im getting tons of emails asking why their old tunes wont work anymore....
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast