Thread: Autocal Or EFIlive ?

Default Autocal Or EFIlive ?

Hello all, I just sold my LB7 That Was Tuned With a PPE, Now I have a 2010 LMM, would like to get into the EFIlive or Autocal, Just wanting to get the pros and cons, I would like to have 4-tunes, Economy, Economy Light Tow, Towing, Max Stock Tune...I Also Change My Tire Sizes Summer To Winter, Need The High Idle Feature And Love The Cruise Control To Work, And Possibly DPF Deletes When Warranty Is Done What Would My Best Option Be. I Plan to Buy Soon.

Lifetime Member

EFILive is the name of our company and the name attributed to our software.

For hardware we offer AutoCal and FlashScan V2. The answer to your question lies with how you want to tune - do you want to do the tuning? or do you want someone else to do the tuning?

AutoCal is similar to a handheld tuner. You purchase the hardware along with tunes from a professional tuner. Only that tuner can create, edit and view tunes. You simply load them into your vehicle. If you wish to tune a second vehicle, only that tuner who tuned your first vehicle can offer tunes because the AutoCal is linked to that Tuner's FlashScan V2 device. AutoCal is limited to tuning 8 vehicles per device. You would need to discuss with a tuner if they could provide tunes to suit all of the situations you list.

FlashScan V2 gives you the ability to create, edit and review tunes, or purchase tunes from multiple sources. FlashScan V2 allows up to 221 vehicles to be licensed to the device.

Cheers
    Cindy

Can I Edit My Tire Size With the Autocal or do I need to have the person who wrote the tune do that also. the Autocal looks easier but may not support what I am needing. But then Takes the guess work out of it,

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggy1 View Post
    Can I Edit My Tire Size With the Autocal or do I need to have the person who wrote the tune do that also. the Autocal looks easier but may not support what I am needing. But then Takes the guess work out of it,
    No you cannot, that requires tune modification which end users do not have access to. Your tuner would need to create a second file with a different tyre size.

Cheers
    Cindy