Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI Tuning

Default 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI Tuning

Is the 2010 CTS 3.6DI supported or isn't it? In the 'Supported vehicles' list on the website, you guys list the 2010-2013 CTS 3.6L as being an E39 or E39A, and the 08-09 being the E69. Apparently either that's not correct, or the auto detect functionality is busted. Not sure what the answer really is, but I guess either you guys have the cutoff years wrong, or GM did something other than what they said. According to the auto detect functionality, it's actually an E69, and this car was built in 6/2010, meaning it's just short of being a 2011, so it's not like it was a first run of 2010's that got some of the leftover parts from 2009.

Any thoughts? Assuming it IS actually an E69, Since the LML went from 'we're not doing ANYTHING EVER' to 'We now support FLASHING but not reading or tuning' to 'We now support Flashing and Tuning' (Tuning may still be in beta; I haven't really been following it), I have at least a LITTLE hope that at some point the E69 might be fully supported.

Pretty sure the Auto detect is working fine, it really can't ever get it wrong, it either identifies the ECM using specific commands for each ECM type.
    So back to your question, I have Cadillac CTS V6 reads from 2010 models using an E39 ECM, I suspect it might be a case of a transitional period as they changed motors, maybe different models came with different engines? I can't offer you any more than that, walk in to a Cadillac dealer plug in to numerous 2010 CTS's and you'll get a mix of E39 & E69.

I really, really doubt we will ever support these, being Bosch I thought they would be odd, but they are beyond that and I'll be totally honest and tell you I have no motivation to put myself through the pain of learning the ins and outs of that ECM. We offer read and flash support because there is several tuners who do their own tuning (in Hex?) on these ECM's.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Very strange... I could see it having the older ECM if it was an early run, like August/September 2009, but being June 2010, you'd think the transition would be gone.

As far as I can tell, the only engine options on the CTS were the 3.0, 3.6DI and then the 6.2 in the V, so I don't know what their story is. Maybe it has something to do with what plant it was built at?

Would it be a possibility to add an autodetect option in the V2 BB options? I would imagine full autodetect and read probably wouldn't be possible, but something that would simply go out, probe the ECM & TCM and tell you what they were?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Would it be a possibility to add an autodetect option in the V2 BB options?
    The problem with that is each ECM / TCM requires its own read / write bootloader and script, you would need to copy over every read/write script if that was to work because once it finds a match it then needs the specific files for that controller, problem is that would require about 2.5Mb. It's not a bad idea though.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

FS V3 needs additional internal config space? Heck if you could reallocate all of a V2s internal space to be config that'd be fine with me, Ive read and flashed 1 time without a SD card in the 6/7 years Ive had my V2.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Have a look at the ECM, it will be really obvious if it is a Bosch or Delphi controller.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The problem with that is each ECM / TCM requires its own read / write bootloader and script, you would need to copy over every read/write script if that was to work because once it finds a match it then needs the specific files for that controller, problem is that would require about 2.5Mb. It's not a bad idea though.
    Each one would need it's own bootloader just to 'ping' it and return what kind it is?

No, maybe I misunderstood what you meant. You just want to see the ECM type, not necessarily read it out? To read it out would require a bootloader, to figure out which ECM it is does not. But the recognition is only as good as what information we have, in other words if you walked up to a vehicle that had some obscure ECM then it won't be able to tell you what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No, maybe I misunderstood what you meant. You just want to see the ECM type, not necessarily read it out? To read it out would require a bootloader, to figure out which ECM it is does not. But the recognition is only as good as what information we have, in other words if you walked up to a vehicle that had some obscure ECM then it won't be able to tell you what it is.
    True, if it's unknown, it would remain unknown, but in the example of this CTS where apparently two different cars of the same year with the same engine could have two different ECMs, it could be handy...

Dont' get me wrong, the idea of auto-read would be neat... Have two lines in the Read menu:

Read ECM/PCM
    Read TCM

But like you said, there simply isn't enough config space for that. Would it be possible to allow the config space size to be changed like Scarib mentioned? Maybe make it so it can be changed in the BBX options? Then if the Autoread idea ever did come into existence, it would be possible to have enough space to do it. If the V2 can't be changed in such a fashion, mayve bive the V3 1GB onboard memory?

I don't know, Paul would have to answer that, but I'm betting he will say that he is not about to 'break' the core of V2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast