Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI Tuning

Dumb related question..... If some enterprising individual were to map out the E69, could they write a CAX file to make it tunable, or do the CAX files require base tuning support in EFILive to be able to work?

No, the V7.5 Tune Tool does not understand the E69 file layout..........and probably never will.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No, the V7.5 Tune Tool does not understand the E69 file layout..........and probably never will.
    So you're saying there's hope in V8 Tune editor?

(Shut it down now Ross... )
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

My kids accept the answers I give them better than you guys
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    My kids accept the answers I give them better than you guys
    Haha, Id rather have you say BOTH V7.5 and V8 so no one else asks in a year or two.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

So I just noticed in the 'Resolved Issues' list for the current pre-release '2.E69 tune files no longer report errors when being opened in the V8 software.' and that it does recognize my E69 read... So does this mean that at some point you'll put yourself through the pain of mapping the E69 for the v8 software (If you haven't already)? I know 'the other guys' support it, and you didn't want to go through mapping it, however, to be fair, you guys also said 'WE WILL NEVER EVER SUPPORT THE LML. PERIOD. EVER.'.... Then it went to 'we can flash it but no editing' to 'full tuning support if you can get the base file'. With the LBZ, LMM, LML & E69 all being Bosch, I would think they're all relatively equally insane 'under the hood'...

I know you can't comment on what's coming until it's out... Just speculating/hoping - I mean, why would you even bother having the software properly load the tune file if you didn't have some kind of plan to support it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    So I just noticed in the 'Resolved Issues' list for the current pre-release '2.E69 tune files no longer report errors when being opened in the V8 software.' and that it does recognize my E69 read... So does this mean that at some point you'll put yourself through the pain of mapping the E69 for the v8 software (If you haven't already)?
    I can give you this guarantee, I will NEVER spend one minute mapping the Bosch gas ECM's, can't say it any more clearly than that.

I know 'the other guys' support it
    And?

I mean, why would you even bother having the software properly load the tune file if you didn't have some kind of plan to support it?
    Simple answer, EFILive (really Autocal) provides a very conveient means for delivering tunes. We have a number of customers who are quite knowledgeable on the Bosch gas ECM's who develop their own tunes with tools other than EFILive, we just provide them an alternative to ECM swapping. But as usual supporting 'just flashing' on these presents some issues (Boschisms), eg, who makes two different ECM's with four different unlock algorithms, madness!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12