Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems after reflashing

Default Problems after reflashing

Yesterday I reflash my 00 Fbody, and after I start to log, It happen this funny issue, The all the cluster needles except RPM and speed drops to zero and then read again. I´m getting this codes:
    U1016
    U1040
    U1096

And the scan tool shows ERR_NOCNX/122

Any Ideas?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocZ28 View Post
    Yesterday I reflash my 00 Fbody, and after I start to log, It happen this funny issue, The all the cluster needles except RPM and speed drops to zero and then read again. I´m getting this codes:
    U1016
    U1040
    U1096

And the scan tool shows ERR_NOCNX/122

Any Ideas?
    To offer support we need a few more details.

The article in the link below explains the support process, the software versions and firmware versions you are running are very relevant and we are unable to offer support without those details.
    http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...7778-QEKN-0400

If you are not running our October 16 pre-release, you need to update and attempt your processes again. If it is still persistent, then can you please follow the article above, and provide exact steps for us to reproduce the issue.

CHeers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Too late the PCM is in unknow state, I can´t reflash non read it.

I can't really make sense of what you are trying to say.
    Does the car run?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Last nigth I did a reflash and every thing was ok. Today on the way to the office I was logging and suddenly, the the instrument cluster needles start to fall down (charge, temp, oil pressure and gas) abs, service vehicle and check gages ligths on. Only the RPM and KPH were working.

When that happen, the efilive lost comunication with the pcm My mistake was not lo save that bug. Then I try to connect with no succsess. I turn off the engine, restart the laptop and I pull these DTC.

A couple of hours ago, I try reflash the PCM and it is in a unknow state. Now the car does not run.

I found the problem. It is the interfase cable, when is plugged to the obdii connector. The dash made those funny things. Now my pcm is dead it is empty and i can not made any reflash i try to recovery but it did not work. What else can i do?

Are you saying the problems happen when the V2 is plugged into the vehicle's OBD connector...?

You are missing some ground connections (due to: corrosion, excessive voltage drop, broken/damaged wire(s)).

Joe, thank for your replay, I don´t think that the problem are grounds. I´m sure that the problem was the obdII cable, A friend borrow me his PCM to drive my car at home.

Here are the details, when I connect the v1 the dash instruments starts to play like I said before. I think that maybe the V1 box, so I only connect the cable and made the same thing.
    Keeping that in mind, I use another obdii cable and the connecting problem is solve. I pull out the borrow pcm and put mine but it says that the calibration is missing, and is in unknow state.

Questions:
    The pcm could be reprogram in this case with another software?
    If not, and Ihave to buy a new pcm, what happen with my licence?
    It will be safe to use this obdii cable? it is from a generic obdii scanner.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Are you saying the problems happen when the V2 is plugged into the vehicle's OBD connector...?

You are missing some ground connections (due to: corrosion, excessive voltage drop, broken/damaged wire(s)).

Yes that is correct, but as I said even when I only connect the cable with out the v1 box.

Quote Originally Posted by DocZ28 View Post
    Yes that is correct, but as I said even when I only connect the cable with out the v1 box.
    Have a closer look at your OBD2/ALDL connector, it might have a broken/shorting wire.

Then take a closer look at the cable, see if you can ohm it end-to-end to see if it is broken/shorted internally.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast