Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems after reflashing

Quote Originally Posted by DocZ28 View Post

Questions:
    The pcm could be reprogram in this case with another software?
    If not, and Ihave to buy a new pcm, what happen with my licence?
    It will be safe to use this obdii cable? it is from a generic obdii scanner.

Regards
    The PCM can be programmed with any software that supports it (as long as you did not install a COS).

If your PCM has died and you replace it, keep the receipt showing the cost of the replacement PCM.

I think the cable has a problem... you should be able to use a generic OBD2-DB9 cable, just check the pinout first.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    The PCM can be programmed with any software that supports it .
    I know that but, in this case that my pcm shows no calibration, and efilive can´t flash it, could other software works or How to know if there is nothing to be done and it is dead?

If the PCM is blank then you will need special equipment (GM Tech2/TIS, Mongoose, other) to flash a factory file.

If the PCM is dead then nothing can be done.

If you turn on ignition key and connect scantool, does scantool communicate in any manner (OBD system readiness tests, logging)...?

If you turn on ignition key and connect scantool, does scantool communicate in any manner (OBD system readiness tests, logging)...?

When ignition is on, the check engine ligth is on, when you press the scantool to connect, it looks like is connected but does not get any info VIN, OS.

Also, with the flash tool, when I press calibration details and get info. All this is in blank VIN, Serial, Hardware, OS, Cal ID abd BCC.

After the scantool connects, do Info->Retrieve All Test Results and see what it produces (click on all the subtabs).

After the scantool connects, do Info->Retrieve All Test Results and see what it produces (click on all the subtabs).
    I did that, and the only subtab available is validate pid´ nothing more.

May be the pcm is dead. Now I´m looking for a replacement. I found in a junkyard a PCM from 2004 Silverado 6.0L, Anyone knows if it will work for my 00 F-car?

Lifetime Member

no it will not ,i am sure you know that buy now

Thanks, I already buy one and have new aldl cable. What I´m affraid is screw it again. I look on other post and read that some one that couldn´t made a full reflash, that is what happen to me at the beginning but I´ll follow the instructions on that post. And tell you about any unusual things.

Yesterday I was re-flashing, a PCM, and have a issue with it, after the file was loaded, I can´t start the car, so I check if it was done rigth cuz I´m affraid after what happen with my pcm. And the curious thin was that Efilive softwere said me that PCM was in an unknow state, I did try to reflash and full reflash with no succes. I was worried so I did not save any screen or bugs what I remember is that said something about PCMLocks.ini.

After I try several times, I get connected with the pcm and do a reflash, after that I have no problems.

My question is What is the possibility that my divice is failing? I will reinstall the software and test or could be my windows 7 the problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast