Thread: Help i am Efi dumb!

Default Help i am Efi dumb!

I have a 07 cummins. Love my efi autocal. Just put in my socal swith. Whats the difference in the pre release and public release on the software? Also how do i update my autocal. What do i do first. Assuming put the truck on the stock tune with the autocal then what? Searched on the site but couldnt find anything to tell me the step. Sorry i am new to efi. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by John0659 View Post
    I have a 07 cummins. Love my efi autocal. Just put in my socal swith. Whats the difference in the pre release and public release on the software? Also how do i update my autocal. What do i do first. Assuming put the truck on the stock tune with the autocal then what? Searched on the site but couldnt find anything to tell me the step. Sorry i am new to efi. Can someone point me in the right direction.
    Pre release software is software that we think is suitable for public release, but needs some final testing on a wider test group before committing it to public release.

To update your AutoCal you need to contact your Tuner. Your version numbers need to MATCH EXACTLY the software version numbers of your Tuners FlashScan V2. It is the Tuners FlashScan V2 that provides your tunes. There is no point in you updating to the latest pre-release if your Tuner hasn't, or vice versa because your systems become incompatible, and even moreso in this latest pre-release where you cannot open newly created files on older software.

The exact steps to update will be dependant on your Tuner and their preferred method. Perhaps your Tuner is waiting for the public release, perhaps they have already updated. Perhaps they want you to flash your base tune (stock file) back into the vehicle, perhaps they need to you to send another base file to them to create a CSP tune with the pre-release software. I really don't know. Each has their own unique way of supporting their customers and instructions to suit, so you are best to contact them.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks Cindy! I have been waiting for this awhile i will contact my tuner. I also thank you for being on the cummins foum!