Hello everyone,

I've run into one of the first roadblocks. I bought my V2 (scan only), this month. I updated the firm ware and bootblock. I have 7.5, and 8 installed with the latest edition too. I followed the thread where it shows how to set up the V2 for stand alone logging as well.

I am trying to do the CASE learn in my 2000 Chevy K2500 4X4 CCSB as a trial run before I replace the engine. It still has the factory PCM and tune. Nothing has been done to it, as I am the original owner.

When I connect to the truck, it gives me the choice of the 98-00 Vortec PCM, but not a choice for the transmission, just a check box for "Automatic" (I'm not sure if any of that matters, but.....). When I go to the DVT tab, the 98-00 Vortec L31 isn't listed. Is the Vortec PCM supposed to be listed under the DVT controllers too, or am I supposed to use a different choice?

Here is a pic of the drop down list with available controllers I have to choose from:

Anyone have an idea of what to search for to figure this out? I've tried everything I can think of and the results are not producing any answers....:banghead:

I found a similar thread where a guy was having the same problem. He was told to use the LS1B controller to do the CASE on his 98 Vortec PCM. Is this what I should use?

I can't find the thread now, or I'd link to it for reference.

Thanks,

Scott.