Thread: Vortec PCM/Controller not listed under DVT controller selection.

Default Vortec PCM/Controller not listed under DVT controller selection.

Hello everyone,

I've run into one of the first roadblocks. I bought my V2 (scan only), this month. I updated the firm ware and bootblock. I have 7.5, and 8 installed with the latest edition too. I followed the thread where it shows how to set up the V2 for stand alone logging as well.

I am trying to do the CASE learn in my 2000 Chevy K2500 4X4 CCSB as a trial run before I replace the engine. It still has the factory PCM and tune. Nothing has been done to it, as I am the original owner.

When I connect to the truck, it gives me the choice of the 98-00 Vortec PCM, but not a choice for the transmission, just a check box for "Automatic" (I'm not sure if any of that matters, but.....). When I go to the DVT tab, the 98-00 Vortec L31 isn't listed. Is the Vortec PCM supposed to be listed under the DVT controllers too, or am I supposed to use a different choice?

Here is a pic of the drop down list with available controllers I have to choose from:

Anyone have an idea of what to search for to figure this out? I've tried everything I can think of and the results are not producing any answers....:banghead:

I found a similar thread where a guy was having the same problem. He was told to use the LS1B controller to do the CASE on his 98 Vortec PCM. Is this what I should use?

I can't find the thread now, or I'd link to it for reference.

Thanks,

Scott.
    Doing my best to fix what ain't broke!!

Lifetime Member

Not all PCM/ECM/TCMs have DVTs available, the P10 and P12 come to mind.

Select LS1B (or LS1A) and try that instead.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I'll try those two and see if it works.

Here is the thread I'd found a few days ago mentioned in my post: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....iation-Relearn

Thanks!

Did you ever get this to work?

I want to run an injector balance test, of at least turn each one off while running, but both LS1A and LS1B give me "No Reply" when I try to turn off the injectors, and without trying all the other options, I know the fuel pump on/off command wasn't working either.

No I never did. I tried to run it as an LS1A but it wouldn't work for me. I just for got about it, and have been getting ready to do the 411 swap. If you do figure it out, I'd like to know.

I have just swapped a 411 in my 97 2500. I was going to do the relearn but ran into the same issue as you. I noticed when I connect to the vehicle if I select the L31 controller then I would have more valid PIDs and the dashboard controls would work. If I selected the ls1A or B I only had 3 valid PIDs and no dashboard and I couldn't monitor or log. I tried to do the relearn and as you said L31 isn't on the list so I select the ls1a or b and activate the control panel but the relearn doesn't seem to want to work. Did you just not do the relearn?