Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP: 2005 Avalanche PCM issue after full flash

Default HELP: 2005 Avalanche PCM issue after full flash

Ok, OS12606961 Z71 4WD avalanche, after loading .CAX file for lean cruise did a full flash as required everything seemed good, appeared to take it, timer count down etc.

Went out to start and nothing, everything comes on with lights etc, fuel pump now staying on, relay continues to click, V2 says PCM not seen and when trying to turn truck over nothing happens.

Key off Onstar light green, key on Onstar light red.

Talked to JoeCar, battery disconnected now, pulled the INFO fuse under hood( forum says its the on star system fuse) to try and reset PCM.

Don't no what happened as I've been doing normal flashes for tuning and everything working great, also full flash been working on 2000 vette with no issues, reconnected to vette to verify cable still good, works perfectly.

What happened, what do i need to do to reprogram the previous calibration that worked before .cax

thanks Mike

It sounds like the PCM is bricked. Can you post the .cax file with the lean cruise patch?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

here you go, what does bricked mean?

I got the .cax file off of here as well.Attachment 16046

bricked = "has same functionality/attributes as a brick"

now that i understand, it appears it is just that, Ive checked all fuses and voltages all check out good.

does that mean i will need another one?

It seems like the LC patch in the .cax file has been defined correctly, would you mind posting up the tune that has made the PCM unresponsive?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Attachment 16047

here you go,

I had completed a calibration update 1 hour before and drove the truck home with no issues at all. When i go home i loaded this one in under a full flash.

Well I don't know why but the 'patch' has been applied to the wrong part of the OS, corrupting the code. Can you please explain the exact steps you took?

I downloaded it, opened it, copied to desktop renamed it .cax, opened C: program files efi /V7.5/ calibrations and placed it there. saved closed and reopened tune file, verified it was there which you can see B9050 was added.

This was the exact sequence that Joecar walked me through when I added the .cax file for OS 156 into my C5 which added Lean Cruise B9100 along with B9021, B9021 works and I have not enabled B9100 yet. Ive completed full flashes on the C5 with no issues what so ever.

I've just done the exact same thing and it applied the patch fine, the tune that has killed your ECM definately had the LC patch applied to the wrong part of the OS, but I am at a loss as to how that could happen.
    Actually, the only way if could happen is if the wrong .cax was used, now the thing is the actual address the patch has been applied to is the one for your 12212156 C5 OS.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast