Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning help please!

Not looking for max power, smoke, lope or any thing like that just a simple look over and for someone who has the experience to go all looks good, or hey dumb ass you might want to re-look at???? that's all.
    2007 Ram 2500, AFE Air, AFE Bladerunner Intercooler, ATS Dual CP3's, Steed Speed Exhaust manifold, PMT 5" truboback exhaust, DDP 90hp, II Silver 66, 12 valve balanced rods, ARP studs, Hamiliton Cam and 110# springs, CFM Intake, Crazy Carls Intake plume, MRBP intercooler tubes, GOREND multi-disc torque converter and valve body, billet shafts and more.....

Ok, I see what you're looking for... someone will come along and look at your tune file and comment on what is good or not (I'm surprised nobody has... looks like I'm gonna have to learn diesel stuff).

Lifetime Member

JoeCar, he might get more people to look at it if this were moved to the cummins part of the forum instead of general diesel. There are several people over there who routinely check those forums as you do the gas ones.

But to an aforementioned comment, I offered what help I could bud, and I told you I'm not good enough at cummins tuning to be of any help reviewing your tune. I taught myself the basics of duramax and ls1b tuning in a couple months from reading till my head hurt and starting again the next night, along with studying the books you just ordered. I just tried to offer the same road I went down. You will get A LOT farther on here if you don't get so offended so quickly. This is a very helpful forum and had you posted this in the cummins tuning section of the forum I'm sure someone with more experience would have found it by now. A lot of these guys work all day and get on here to ask support questions to keep their tunes rolling, and then take time out of their busy day to help people like you and me learn how this stuff works, joecar is one of the few who patrol all the boards and tries to help anyone and everyone with a question.
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

Wheelz: that's a good idea.

saintb6969: can you repost in the Cummins section.

Yes I can, and wheelz, no so much offended, more like frustrated. I took your advice and spent the money on the books an I am awaiting there arrival. I do appreciate the help you guys have given and I will repost if I need to in the Cummins forum, but I going to wait on the books to see if what I am looking for is in there.
    Again Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Wheelz: that's a good idea.

saintb6969: can you repost in the Cummins section.
    2007 Ram 2500, AFE Air, AFE Bladerunner Intercooler, ATS Dual CP3's, Steed Speed Exhaust manifold, PMT 5" truboback exhaust, DDP 90hp, II Silver 66, 12 valve balanced rods, ARP studs, Hamiliton Cam and 110# springs, CFM Intake, Crazy Carls Intake plume, MRBP intercooler tubes, GOREND multi-disc torque converter and valve body, billet shafts and more.....

Lifetime Member

Based on your tune name are you making a CSP5 tune? Because the books will discuss some good limits, values and tables to adjust, but if you were more interested in the correctness of the CSP5 conversion you may want to go ahead and post it up
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

Hey saint, how did you make out. I might be able to help some, email me at kaylecbr@hotmail.com

Bought the books and as I suspected they were useless to anyone that has a basic understanding of EFI live, as far as your limits and good tuning practice I just went ahead and started working on my own tunes a little at a time and thus far have had some good luck.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    (this) might get more people to look at it if this were moved to the cummins part of the forum instead of general diesel.
    That's the only recommendation I have
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

Since we are in the scanning section, do you have any logs indicating the rattle areas?

I'd assume they are in the 1500-2000 RPM and 10-45 mm3 area where you have the big timing bump. Driving around with the scantool and the tune tool open on the tune selected and the runway highlighting on will help you get a visual on where the noisy areas are in the maps. Also, does your truck actually get to the MM3 values you are asking for in the Pedal to Desired Fuel tables? I've had better luck keeping that around 145, and changing duration instead. Another tip would be to use all the other CSP slots as testing areas, so make 2-5 the same, except for some small timing changes as an example, then you can drive around and eda log all those changes without a reflash for every test scenario.
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast