Thread: Switchable Tuning Password

Default Switchable Tuning Password

I have gone through the process of updating all software and firmware, converting the OS to the CSP5 version, creating a tune, copying it to the V2 via EFI Explorer and flashing the truck with V8 like normal. I can navigate to Tune Tool > Switchable Tunes and see my separate tunes with the names I put into the V8 configurations but whenever I try to switch tunes I receive the prompt to put in the password. I had left the default "password off" setting in the tune and even after adding a password then trying again it still will not switch tunes? What have I missed?
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

Lifetime Member

The problem you describe is a known issue for customers who created their CSP tune in our July pre-release and then updated software and firmware to our August pre-release, or our October pre-release.

To cure this, customers MUST download and install our October 16 pre-release for V7, V8 and firmware http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....te-Oct-16-2013.

Then you will need to rebuild your CSP from scratch (ie CSP tunes built in older software versions will not work).

If you are still having problems, can you please post your V7, V8 and firmware versions and confirm you built your CSP file from scratch in the October 16 update.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    The problem you describe is a known issue for customers who created their CSP tune in our July pre-release and then updated software and firmware to our August pre-release, or our October pre-release.

To cure this, customers MUST download and install our October 16 pre-release for V7, V8 and firmware http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....te-Oct-16-2013.

Then you will need to rebuild your CSP from scratch (ie CSP tunes built in older software versions will not work).

If you are still having problems, can you please post your V7, V8 and firmware versions and confirm you built your CSP file from scratch in the October 16 update.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Thanks Cindy!

That was the problem, I had updated V7 and V8 through the auto-update tool instead of downloading the new release files. Re-made my file and it's working fine now.
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4