Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How does the Spark tables work together?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    For E85 do this:
    - set your B3601 to 9.7.
    - make sure that your injector duty cycle does not max out (or rather stays below 80% or 90%).
    - set your calc_pids.txt to use EQR and/or lambda for commanded fueling and wideband measurement.
    - get VE and MAF tables corrected so BEN for both is close to 1.00.
    - recheck injector duty cycles,
    - check LTFT's.

Note:

you should use a BEN pid based on lambda and/or EQR...

examples:

if you have FlashScan V2 with serial wideband connection:
    your BEN will be "{GM.EQIVRATIO}*{EXT.WO2LAM1}"

if you have FlashScan V1 or V2 with analog wideband connection:
    you BEN should be "GM.EQIVRATIO}*{CALC.AFR_xxxx}/14.7"
    (where the 14.7 should actually be the default stoich AFR of your wideband).
    Here is my tune. and calc.pid files. I have B3607 set to 9.7 for e85. My injector duty cycle is staying under 90% and it is running rich, so once VE is dialed in it should be less than 90%.

Also if you could double check my calc_pid file I believe it is using lambda, and that is also what I'm creating the maps with. (I think every time i post logs it confuses everyone. I am logging lambda and AFR but display the AFR on the dashboard, as I am use to reading AFR not lambda or eq.)

BTW to clarify the "BEN" factor is basically the factor the scan tool map is creating to show how far off your VE table is from making it run at the correct afr you are commanding in the tune, is this correct? If so will this ever become "1" as I have ran calc.maft almost every time i drive the car and it is always recommending the slightest changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You calc_pids.txt is good, it uses lambda and/or EQR to calculate the BEN.

Yes, the BEN is the correction factor (shows you how far off VE table is)(VE table * BEN = corrected VE table).

I see you have CL/LTFT enabled, SOL disabled, MAF disabled... your COS tune looks good.

Questions:
    - do you see a MAF DTC (you need to see it everytime)...?
    - what engine mods...?
    - is your FPR manifold referenced...?
    - what injectors...?
    - what is your rail pressure (measured with reference hose temporarily removed)...?
    - does your IFR table match your injectors...?
    - which wideband do you have...?
    - when you do Calc.MAFT do you apply the low cell count filter and the transient filter...?

Fix these out-of-range tables: A0007, A0012, A0013 (enter a value that is max-1).

Post some log files of your Calc.MAFT attempts.

The only odd thing in the tune and log that confuses me is you once said that you can not command 1 in table B3647 or your short term fuel trims won't be disabled when for calc.maft. If you look at my table I have lambda set at .98 instead of 1, yet in the log is still commanding 1 (or 9.7 afr)... Never figured that one out.

1. Yes i have a code P0102 everytime cause the maf is failing
    2. The engine is a stock ls1 with a cam (don't know specs was installed before i purchased), push rods and dual valve springs. I installed head studs, oh and the throttle body is ported. Everything else engine wise is stock.
    3. FPR is manifold referenced
    4. Injectors are 1000cc injectors at 3 bar
    5. Rail pressure is 58 psi with vacuum hose off FPR. is about 52psi with hose connected at idle.
    6. Yes IFR matches my injectors
    7. wideband = lc1
    8. Yes i filter the map before applying

I only show table a0007 as showing out of range, the others down show up on the out of range calibration summary. A0007 is all set to 500 so that it does not use this table. I was under the impression if i change these values then that table will become active? Also why is 500 showing out of range as that is the max value?

Attached is the last couple logs i have taken. the log from today (11-8-13) is a bit all over the place as I was putting the car in different gears trying to hit a lot of different cells.
    Attached Files Attached Files

B3647:
    - is used only in OL,
    - any cell set to 1.00 causes STFT trimming when that cell is hit (this is called "semi-open loop" SOL).

I'll try to figure out why it is commanding 1.00 when you have 0.98 lambda.

Goto A0012 and A0013, you will see blue dogear corners on those cells.

The V7 tunetool displays the max or min for any cells that exceed the range...
    and when you edit the cell to the max or min value and Save, the tunetool thinks that nothing changed (so it doesn't save);
    so you have to set those cells to max-1 and Save, the tunetool now sees that something changed (so it saves).

I'll look thru your logs this afternoon.

Since you have CL/LTFT enabled, you will never be in OL, so B3647 will never be used

( when you go from CL to PE, the last positive LTFT is applied... this is a manner of "CL" since it really is not OL... )
    ( I did some experiments with the values in B3647 and B3618, and I can verify that going CL -> PE does not invoke B3647 )

This is why you see Lambda 1.00 being commanded (i.e. CL/LTFT is trimming to stoich).

Check you pm's.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    The V7 tunetool displays the max or min for any cells that exceed the range...
    and when you edit the cell to the max or min value and Save, the tunetool thinks that nothing changed (so it doesn't save);
    so you have to set those cells to max-1 and Save, the tunetool now sees that something changed (so it saves).
    This is odd. I can change it to 499, save and close it. Reopen the tune and all the values are showing out of range still and for some reason have a value of 499.026... Even if I change to 498 close, save, and reopen it still shows it out of range..... Does it affect anything leaving it showing out of range?

Is it best to tune everything in OL by shutting off LTFT? then once i have the ve dialed in I can turn STFT and LTFT back on. I know that LTFT can be used to calculate VE, but are the last LTFT factored in once in OL mode? for example when i enter PE mode my LTFT are 5% and 5% is added to the VE table, is this extra 5% accounted for in the BEN factor?

Not sure if you didn't send anything but i have no pm's.

Thanks again joecar for all your help!

Is it best to tune everything in OL by shutting off LTFT? then once i have the ve dialed in I can turn STFT and LTFT back on.
    Yes, try with CL/LTFT disabled, i.e. using wideband only.

I know that LTFT can be used to calculate VE, but are the last LTFT factored in once in OL mode?
    The last positive trim gets added on top of PE (when you go CL -> PE).

(when you go OL->PE there is no last trim)

when i enter PE mode my LTFT are 5% and 5% is added to the VE table, is this extra 5% accounted for in the BEN factor?
    When you go to PE, the pid CALC.CL goes to zero, this causes CALC.SELBEN to select CALC.WO2BEN, so the LTFT is discarded.

Ok, after looking thru your logs, I would disable CL/LTFT and use CALC.WO2BEN to correct the VE tables

(i.e. pretty much same as AutoVE, but with a better BEN pid)...

take some logs like this and post here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast