Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! Strange Problem - Modified tune - no change in engine

Lifetime Member

There seems to be no table to get it in open loop. I had the same thing on my 1998 S10 with the 2.2 4cylinder. It had a table to turn long term trims off by maxing out the temp table. But it would still use the short term trims and the o2 sensor would still operate correctly. So I unplugged the o2 sensor and then it went open loop. Try unplugging the o2 sensors.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

I thought about that, I was hoping I could keep the 02 sensors just as a data input.

Well disconnecting the O2 sensors did the trick with respect to putting it in open loop - hard to believe that is the only way to do it.... Still doesn't answer why the O2's where cycling around a 14.0 switch point instead of a 14.7, I've never seen a failure of that type. Usually they work, or they don't work, weird...

[QUOTE=Extinct;199631]Well disconnecting the O2 sensors did the trick with respect to putting it in open loop - hard to believe that is the only way to do it.... QUOTE]
    that must be an EFILive things as Tunercats 2 has the Open Loop LCosed Loop fueling as a switch.

If you really want full control of the L31, a 0411 PCM swap and 2001-2002 L31 Vortec 350 Express Van calibration. Get a hold of Lextech for the retrofit pinout tables.

peace
    Hog
    Last edited by hog; November 8th, 2013 at 04:34 AM.
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

Quote Originally Posted by Extinct View Post
    Well disconnecting the O2 sensors did the trick with respect to putting it in open loop - hard to believe that is the only way to do it.... Still doesn't answer why the O2's where cycling around a 14.0 switch point instead of a 14.7, I've never seen a failure of that type. Usually they work, or they don't work, weird...
    Hmmm... weird... what fuel is being run...?

Like Hog said, a 0411 swap will give you a multitude of tuning parameters (not to mention OS's).

I know all about the 411 swap, I wasn't interested in doing that much work. Truck is running regular fuel. You know, after looking at the Tune file parameters for several days it's clear EFILive just sort of did the bare minimum on getting parameters for this ECM. There isn't a single temperature compensation parameter available, yet I know they have to exist, hell even my MEFI on my boat has those and it's an old aldl stream. Really disappointing, especially considering the shear number of these vehicles on the road...

Did you reset the fuel trims with the scan tool

Well just as slows10 stated, there are no fuel trims once the O2's were disconnected. I did reset them with the scan tool while they were active, but the problem there is the PCM would not go as lean as I wanted so I was left with no choice but to disconnect.

The L31 pcm should really not even be considered "supported" as the tables provided barely give any functional control with respect to modifying the tune, at a minimum I don't think EFILive should charge customers for a VIN license because the ability to do anything is so minimal.

However, I will say I am glad that there is some support, because the alternative is no support because to my knowledge no one else provides L31 support. I can probably live with what I have here because the truck is stock, but for anyone reading this thread in the future my recommendation would be to not try to do anything with respect to serious modifications without doing the 411 pcm swap.

Sorry fella I've never had anything to do with at PCM, and I'm on my phone ATM so can't read your tune. I'm sure there will be plenty of people on here that can help you. But you have got me interested now so I will have to look at the tune and see if I can help you in any way 👍

Fuel: is it plain gasoline (E00) or is it E10 or E85...?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast