Thread: Evap service bay test - How to make it run?

Default Evap service bay test - How to make it run?

I can't seem to find the initiate/run procedure for the service bay test. I'd like to hurry up getting it to test. I disconnected the battery to do some other things and now taking forever to get it to run even though I'm doing all the crazy things the manual says.. 3 runs, 17hrs between tests, come on really?

After I activate the DVT when I hit the activate button nothing happens. Seems to be wanting to do something, I've got it to RPM not zero or ECT too high, when I'm doing it out of it's sequence. I guess I'm not rubbing my belly the right direction.
    2005 CTS-V LS6

Quote Originally Posted by dennisscars View Post
    I can't seem to find the initiate/run procedure for the service bay test. I'd like to hurry up getting it to test. I disconnected the battery to do some other things and now taking forever to get it to run even though I'm doing all the crazy things the manual says.. 3 runs, 17hrs between tests, come on really?

After I activate the DVT when I hit the activate button nothing happens. Seems to be wanting to do something, I've got it to RPM not zero or ECT too high, when I'm doing it out of it's sequence. I guess I'm not rubbing my belly the right direction.
    2005 CTS-V LS6
    DVT has to be full on ignition or car running.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Thanks I tried but clicking activate button with key on but doesn't do anything. If running goes red and says rpm not zero.

I found tech II video which is activate software turn key off for 10 secs then start. Then you get prompts it's testing.
    Tried that didn't work. Which then screws up my cold start for another 17 hours.

I'd like for it clear so I can get smogged. Was ok before I disconnected battery. Had misfire wire 8. So I changed plugs and wires. Decided to pull this stunt the week before smog due.

Thanks I tried but clicking activate button with key on but doesn't do anything. If running goes red and says rpm not zero.

I found tech II video which is activate software turn key off for 10 secs then start. Then you get prompts it's testing.
    Tried that didn't work. Which then screws up my cold start for another 17 hours.

I'd like for it clear so I can get smogged. Was ok before I disconnected battery. Had misfire wire 8. So I changed plugs and wires. Decided to pull this stunt the week before smog due.

What is dvt?

I think it's Dynamic Vehicle Testing, or something like that - basically referring to the activation tests menu you are already in.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

DVT is the scantool's bidirectional mode.