Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins 6.7L Overhead Chime Public Beta software

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Should this read, 2007.5-2010 use a CM2100?
    Are you loosing sleep over it?

I don't get the logic behind these car makers year model designations, how does a 2014 model car get released in May 2013 (2014 Impala), or is that the 2013.5 model? Given the range could be 2013.1 (January) or 2013.12 (December) lets just stop being silly and call it a 2013 until the calender ticks over to 2014. Isn't this a bit like saying you are 30 years old 6 months before your 30th birthday?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeram082500 View Post
    I thought all the 4th gens 2010-2012 ran the cm2200
    Yes, all 4th gen body style 2010s are cm2200. the only 2010s that use the cm2100 were cab and chassis and were still the 3rd gen body style

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

Ah thanks I was confused how a cm2100 was working with the new dashes y'all had me ready for a swap
    2008 6.7 regular cab short bed 4x4 All mods by Terror Custom Tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by anarchydiesel View Post
    Yes, all 4th gen body style 2010s are cm2200. the only 2010s that use the cm2100 were cab and chassis and were still the 3rd gen body style
    Clearly I am no expert on what used models used what ECM
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It should not be going through an EFILive update. These files are just to add to the software to get the other options we need. There isn't any update in these files. When you open that file, you see the *.calz files in a window. If you right click out in the open area below the files, the option at the bottom of the sub menu is "Extract All". Click that and then browse to where the cmc files are per Cindy's instructions. You have to extract the files. You can't copy and paste them. At least it would not let me copy and paste them on my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by catman3126 View Post
    when I goto open the file that I have saved on the desktop by clicking "HERE" it just automatically goes through the normal efi live update tried right clicking to open the file and that has no option for unzipping.

Lifetime Member

Hmmm yeah just tried it on a work computer and i see exactly what your talking about. on my laptop it just acts as if i just clicked a normal update to EFI Live. Have to mess with it some more tonight.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Lifetime Member

when I goto open the file that I have saved on the desktop by clicking "HERE" it just automatically goes through the normal efi live update tried right clicking to open the file and that has no option for unzipping.
    I am going to suggest that you have downloaded the November 7 release and saved that to your desktop.

The zip file I posted is not in anyway tied to an EFILive installation. It's merely a zip file containing 7 calz files, so it's not possible to click on the zip and get an EFILive installation/update message.

Navigate through your folders to where ever you save your downloads and look for a folder called CMC. You may need to extract the zip, or it may have done it for you. In either case, copy and paste the 7 files into the directory listed above.

Cheers
    Cindy

Lifetime Member

Hmmm yeah just tried it on a work computer and i see exactly what your talking about. on my laptop it just acts as if i just clicked a normal update to EFI Live. Have to mess with it some more tonight.
    Beat me to it. I've responded to your email. I can see the chime parameters in your tune file

Cheers
    Cindy

My dads 08 6.7 has the 11720809 OS(I think, either way it was one on the list). I flashed his truck the other day with p0489 disabled and the overhead message and 5 chimes were gone. It would just say see dealer for 3 seconds or so then show the temperature like it should. That last for about a week. Then went back to normal, 5 chimes, power reduced see dealer on the overhead. CEL has remained on the entire time. He noticed some loss in power, so I decided we would flash his truck again to see if that could be fixed. Fast forward to today, I get his truck flashed over with the same tune, this time the CEL disappears(which makes him tickled pink), but the overhead and 5 chimes did not change. Just thought I would report with some info and ask a question as well. Could he be potentially be seeing some power loss? He noticed when he was pulling his 6x10 trailer with an artic cat prowler up hill because his transmission downshifted twice(the hill isn't that steep to cause that). When he drove home tonight with the same prowler and trailer after the flash, it felt normal power again.
    2007 5.9 SBT & ATP Tuning

Any chance of getting a calibration file with this fix for a 11610805 OS? I am getting the chime but otherwise I really like my tune and the way the truck runs.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast