Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins 6.7L Overhead Chime Public Beta software

Quote Originally Posted by longcummins View Post
    Sorry i missed that was just trying to help. That wont happen again.
    No worries !

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    To date we haven't had a truck fail the amended parameters, with the exception of one (which also has other issues and from memory is a transplant). Those customers who have had issues have resolved them by adequately checking their files. One tuner has 'fixed' at least 6 problem trucks tuned by others by simply checking and editing the tune files they were provided. You may also need to review the list of which files received the update.

I suggest you review your tune files, look for multiple instances of DTC's, check soot level counters and CCV resets. If all else fails you may need to employ the skills of a tuner that has mastered this. It's not easy, but the parameters are all there.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Thanks for the help, Cindy. I did sort it out today , and it's nothing related to what anyone else has publicly stated (or PM'd me with) here.

^ Thanks for sharing with the people that did take the time to try and help you and work out your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    ^ Thanks for sharing with the people that did take the time to try and help you and work out your issues.
    I'll be testing on a few more trucks that we'd already done, and I'll let you know. I've already let the guy that pm'd me that
    his ideas about the DTC list didn't work. Not that they're bad ideas...they just don't change the situation I'm in.

What I did kills the initial 'chime' that still shows up after a 10 minute drive, and 'may or maynot' chime again, depending on vehicle load.
    I need to make sure it's not just a fluke, and that it's definitely repeatable.

I'd set it like you mentioned, and thanks for your help, but this truck still had the initial 10 minute chime
    --no matter how the timer is set (10 mins or 360 mins), or if the aftertreatments are all shut off, or soot level's maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
    I'll be testing on a few more trucks that we'd already done, and I'll let you know. I've already let the guy that pm'd me that
    his ideas about the DTC list didn't work. Not that they're bad ideas...they just don't change the situation I'm in.

What I did kills the initial 'chime' that still shows up after a 10 minute drive, and 'may or maynot' chime again, depending on vehicle load.
    I need to make sure it's not just a fluke, and that it's definitely repeatable.

I'd set it like you mentioned, and thanks for your help, but this truck still had the initial 10 minute chime
    --no matter how the timer is set (10 mins or 360 mins), or if the aftertreatments are all shut off, or soot level's maxed.
    Those DTC's were provided to me directly from Cindy @EFILive. Thank you Cindy for the list. I have 3 different trucks tuned that are rid of the chime. I am almost certain that what LongCummins was referring to when he said "It won't happen again" meant he wouldn't offer you anymore help. The situation you're in has been seen before and overcome. Good luck to you.

>>DPF Soot Level 1,2,3,4 Thresholds are set way to low would be my guess.<<

Was his comment...and that was the only help offered. Thx.

Yea and your response showed your a$$. Enough said right.
    467.7 FMW Stainless Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by longcummins View Post
    Yea and your response showed your a$$. Enough said right.
    If you think it shows my butt, ok...I'll be careful to not respond to you in the future.

Hey Cindy,

I don't know if you have been getting any feed back with this issue anymore. I'm still having troubles with a few trucks setting the overhead chime. Running down the highway for 10-20min with light load (empty truck) and the cruse control on still seems to be activating the overhead chime. After the first initial chime it does not come back. This is with CSP5 and Standard files. By the way I am running the most updated software and firmware. Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by 30 RUM View Post
    Hey Cindy,

I don't know if you have been getting any feed back with this issue anymore. I'm still having troubles with a few trucks setting the overhead chime. Running down the highway for 10-20min with light load (empty truck) and the cruse control on still seems to be activating the overhead chime. After the first initial chime it does not come back. This is with CSP5 and Standard files. By the way I am running the most updated software and firmware. Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam
    I've PM'd you.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast