Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins 6.7L Overhead Chime Public Beta software

wish there was a fix for this. Got customer that is not happy with it. Tried several things to keep from happening.

Efi forum under 6.7 tuning
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Efi forum under 6.7 tuning
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

I'm still having issues with this on one particular truck. the other truck it was cured with this update on build 246 of the tune tool.

the other truck will still ding about every 10 minutes.

anyone have any other ideas? this guy has changed his crank filter recently and it did it before and after that. no other sensor values seem out of whack.

this is on os 11551035 calibration 55350435BH Truck is an 2007.5 automatic
    Calibrator @ The Roadster Shop
    www.roadstershop.com

I am still having this issue on a couple of trucks. Any new word on this? I have tried different OS, the beta fix, and frankly I am getting tired of the ass chewings... I am out of options on what to do and do not know what to tell these two customers. Both of these files attached are the tunes that I tried in one particular pain in the asses truck. PLEASE HELP if there is anyone with insight or a fresh set of eyes to look at it.

I have a couple of customers that still get the overhead chime and I have tried different operating systems and nothing seems to work. The codes are turned off ,the timer and dpf soot level thresholds are maxed out. These guys went from a Smarty and H&S that didn't have this issue. They are more than pleased with the tuning except the annoying chime.
    2015 Chevy 2500 DC 4x4 LML Stock w/EPA friendly tuning.
    2008 GMC 2500 CC 4x4 LMM DSP-5, Transgo Jr,Converter Flow Valve, Sun Coast Triple Disc,4'' Exhaust,Lift pump,Edge Evo for the gauges.
    2006 Chevy 2500 CC 4x4 LBZ Built Engine, Built Trans, Goerend R, S475/Stock, 30% over injectors.

South of the Rio Grande

Quote Originally Posted by BigTexas68 View Post
    I have a couple of customers that still get the overhead chime and I have tried different operating systems and nothing seems to work. The codes are turned off ,the timer and dpf soot level thresholds are maxed out. These guys went from a Smarty and H&S that didn't have this issue. They are more than pleased with the tuning except the annoying chime.
    Yep exact same boat. I just gave the one his money back about an hr ago and lost the VIN License money in the deal just to keep from getting the ass chewing anymore. The calls were worse than a debt collector...

I will be back working on this again shortly, there has been quite a number of things that pulled me away from Cummins over the last year or so, this problem is also hit and miss which makes it very annoying.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I will be back working on this again shortly, there has been quite a number of things that pulled me away from Cummins over the last year or so, this problem is also hit and miss which makes it very annoying.
    Excelent!

Have you guys looked into pulling codes from other modules? I have a hunch that the BCM and or overhead module are storing something emissions related and waiting for some other non emissions related data packets from the can bus to go off
    Calibrator @ The Roadster Shop
    www.roadstershop.com

Lifetime Member

There are (at least) three issues that over time have all been lumped into one thread. Without adequate description of which issue each customer has, developing a solution is difficult. Likewise we've heard mixed reports that the parameters are working on certain trucks (but which condition did that truck originally have?) so we require that feedback too.

The issues in this thread appear to fall into 3 categories
    1. Chime (at what intervals, can it be cleared?),
    2. Overhead message (what message, when is the message displayed, are you able to reset this?)
    3. Dash message (what message, when is the message displayed and are you able to reset this?)

If you have an issue, or if the issue you had as been cured by the zipped calibration files, can you please provide us feedback categorizing the issue, along with the details of the truck and any other information you may feel is relevant.

Cheers
    Cindy

******NOTE*******
    To use the parameters available in the first post of this thread, customers will need to install the latest software release from our website, and patch the zip file from the first post. These calibration files are NOT AVAILABLE in the public download, so if you have previously used these, then performed a full software installation, you will need to reinstall the zip file to regain access.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast