Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Cummins 6.7L Overhead Chime Public Beta software

I suppose the DPF Plugged is different than Exhaust Filter Full. I just did one with the exhaust filter full message and had no problems. I did have the wiTECH with me for back up.

Quick question Mitch, did you have the pressure sensor under the cab unplugged on the truck that was giving you trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyperform View Post
    hey guys also if cyndy can please read this she can help me, i have a c and c truck, i flashed one of the star lite diesel tunes drive for 10 min and throws exhaust filter plugged, but throws no codes to ecm, or tcm, please help tryied with smarty, race me and still have same issue.
    I suggest find someone with a wiTECH and have them scan all of the modules on the truck. Did you try putting a stock tune in as suggested then back to a del tune?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dannyperform View Post
    hey guys also if cyndy can please read this she can help me, i have a c and c truck, i flashed one of the star lite diesel tunes drive for 10 min and throws exhaust filter plugged, but throws no codes to ecm, or tcm, please help tryied with smarty, race me and still have same issue.
    I'd suggest if you are running the tuning of Starlite Diesel then the tune file will be locked and you will not be able to view or edit the tune file. You'll need to contact Starlite Diesel.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by 30 RUM View Post
    I suppose the DPF Plugged is different than Exhaust Filter Full. I just did one with the exhaust filter full message and had no problems. I did have the wiTECH with me for back up.

Quick question Mitch, did you have the pressure sensor under the cab unplugged on the truck that was giving you trouble?
    Im not sure, we got a call from a local Exhaust shop to do the delete. They did the work underneath and I plugged into it. Did Not ask questions about how it was done so I cannot really comment on that part of it. All I know is that back to stock to drive it for a bit then back to a tune worked in this case.

I usually roll around under the truck to make sure things things are done right...I always leave the DPF sensor plugged in. Personal preference.

Not sure if this will help anyone...and it may already be posted here.
    From Cummins (with corrected spelling mistakes) :
    Diesel Training -- > Dodge Cummins 6.7L

This bulletin is to aid you on resetting the Perform Service indicator you will find on a Dodge 6.7L with the EVIC displaying this message.
    PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR- RESET the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:
    1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
    2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
    3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
    4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position. NOTE: if the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset.
    If necessary repeat the above procedure.

To reset the “change oil” message on the EVIC, Turn the key to run without starting the engine and press the accelerator pedal 3 times within 10 seconds.
    Note that on the Dodge Cummins we have dealt with multiple messages that required clearing codes and performing the above procedures.
    Some vehicle may also show a message to contact dealer as well with the Perform Service Message and no codes set. Perform the procedure above.

Here are other messages you can have:
    WHAT YOU WILL SEE IN THE OVERHEAD DISPLAY:
    • “Exhaust Filter xx% Full” – Indicates that the DPF is approaching full.
    • “Regeneration Required Now” – indicates you will need to intervene by changing your driving mode. See owner manual.
    • “Regeneration in Process” – Indicates the DPF is self-cleaning. Please try to maintain you current driving condition until regeneration is complete.
    • “Regeneration Completed” – DPF self-cleaning in complete.
    • “Service Required-See Dealer Now” – Indicated DPF regeneration is not functioning.
    Your Check Engine Light (MIL) may come on. Please see dealer. IMMEDIATE SERVICE IS REQUIRED. Damage to the exhaust system could occur soon with continued operation.
    • “Exhaust Filter FULL –Power Reduced- See Dealer” – Your DPF is full.
    Engine power will be reduced to decrease risk of damage. IMMEDIATE SERVICE REQUIRED. Please see dealer immediately. Damage to the exhaust system will occur with continued operation.

Good info, thanks.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516