Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2014 EFILive Diesel Training classes by StarLite Diesel

Have you considered making your books available in an electronic format? Download for a fee. I'd be interested.

Yep, you would make a killing on these in a digital format. Put some kind of copyright restriction on them and sell CDs. Most guys that go through the trouble of going to school and investing in their tuning education are not likely to be giving these things away, especially if it becomes a revenue stream when they start tuning. Lets face it, the average guy will not invest the time to learn this stuff anyway, he will just pay to have it done. Take a look at the tuning school for HP tuners. If you did something like that you wouldn't be killing yourself doing just classroom stuff. You would also be making money while your asleep!

I've considered making the books electronic/digital... but just haven't ever followed through with getting it done. It is possible that i'll move that way in the future due to restrictions and costs of printing on paper. I appreciate the input. The more I hear it, the more likely i'll be to take it on as a priority and get things done...

That being said, also wanted to mention that we're getting close to my last officially scheduled class of the year in a couple weeks in Bangor, Maine. Everyone booking there sounds like they're staying at the Holiday Inn a couple miles away from Diesel Fuel Systems shop where the class will be held at - so anyone with other questions let me know! There are still spots available for this class. If you're in the northeast - don't miss it because I won't be coming back this way for at least year!

Thanks!
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Got a few spots left for Maine.... Anyone wanting to sign up or having questions let me know! We're just under 2 weeks left before the class so time is running out!!

when are you coming out west?

West as in......??

anywhere near california.

Washington, way up north is the most likely spot. I've tried putting together a California class twice in the past year and just wasn't enough interest and it's hard to find a facility that has a dyno and will allow diesels to host the class. I think we've got something that's going to work out for up in Washington, but it will be a few months away... Probably the best I'm going to be able to do for this year.

Thats closer than Maine! When you get details on any classes in neighboring states, even Washington Im interested. Vegas is 6 hours from me and would work also. As soon as I can find a class that wont require a 15 hour drive I'm there! Or if you could sell me a book from one of your classes, I would pay asking price, plus tip!

I ordered the DVD from the tuning school, which was good in that it teaches the theory (most of which I already know). I need more hands on step by step instruction to really grasp things. The DVD did not get into how to actually make the adjustments in the tables described in the video. Im guessing your school will be more in depth regarding the use of EFI live.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast