Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autocal Unlink

Default Autocal Unlink

Have a customer with an AutoCal that would like to use our tuning. Is there a way to Unlink from his previous tuners V2 and link to ours? He is not worried about being able to access the tunes he had. Thanks

Origin tuner must unlink themselves.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Depending on the tuner who has it linked your customer may be out of luck, I get inquiries weekly from customers who want to switch to my tuning, but if for some reason the original tuner they used is unwilling to unlink the Autocal then your customer and you are screwed.

Not everyone is willing, it's a shame that these Autocals get held hostage by tuners who are somehow butt hurt when their customer wants a separation from them and their tunes to follow another path.

Good Luck, hopefully the shop is willing to unlink it for your customer
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Depending on the tuner who has it linked your customer may be out of luck, I get inquiries weekly from customers who want to switch to my tuning, but if for some reason the original tuner they used is unwilling to unlink the Autocal then your customer and you are screwed.

Not everyone is willing, it's a shame that these Autocals get held hostage by tuners who are somehow butt hurt when their customer wants a separation from them and their tunes to follow another path.

Good Luck, hopefully the shop is willing to unlink it for your customer
    Have your customers publicly name them Tony. If for no other reason future customers will understand the potential impact of their purchase in the future.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks Guys. That was what i figured but hoped there was a way around it.

There is no reason I can think off that a tuner would not un-link an autocal, egos are rather large in this community but the autocal is a customers property and they should be open to using other tuners IMHO.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

No different than tuners locking ecm's and forcing the customer to buy another one when they switch tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    No different than tuners locking ecm's and forcing the customer to buy another one when they switch tuners.
    Exactly. I am a tuner and I dont feel Like any tuner should be able to lock anything except for their work from being read out, viewed or modified. I have a customer with a pre tuned ecm from Nick at duramax tuner and he claimed they told him it would be $300 to unlock it and return it to stock so I can tune it. That is crap.

With the E54 and E60 Autolocking the customer is in control of there ecm, they can always flash back to stock and restore the Seed Key, the LBZ/LMM DSP5 are locked due to the nature of the DSP5 flash from the read, but not a reflash.

And you are correct, the tuner's "tune file" is the intellectual property of that tuner, it should not be something the customer can share, copy or redistribute and it should be safe from an unscrupulous shop owner who would like to build a free library from our hard work.

Customers are never forced to buy a new ecm, they can always send it back to have it unlocked, although is may be a PITA for them it keeps everyone honest.

And I agree with Rob, the AUTOCAL is a customers property and should not be held hostage and tuners who rip off customers when they want their Autocal unlocked or their ecm unlocked and restored to stock give the industry a bad name.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

I'm not disagreeing with anything that is said here, because IMO there is no harm (other than pride) in having an AutoCal unlinked - tunes are invalid, the unit is returned for unlinking so the Tuner can remove his/her branding but....

When you buy a traditional handheld tuner you can't just take it from one company to another and have someone else's tunes installed. You want a different brand of tunes, you go and buy that brand's handheld. In some cases AutoCal is simply another handheld tuner in the market.

The end user needs to understand THEY ARE NOT BUYING AN EFILive PRODUCT. They are buying the brand and service of a tuner on their hardware device (it just so happens we design, manufacture and provide software for those devices to Tuners). The end user DOES NOT have any rights (other than hardware warranty) to EFILive when it comes to AutoCal, the Tuner holds ALL those rights, which is the reason why we only offer support to Tuners not end users. The end user should enquire what they are purchasing before they purchase...

Just another way of looking at things....

Cheers
    Cindy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast