The more information that you provide through the help desk, The faster the support turnaround will be.
I only check this forum once or twice a day and I simply don't see most messages that I have not already posted in. The help desk tickets are constantly updated, as soon as you post a message in your ticket it shows up in my email instantly (if its been allocated to me).

The help desk tickets are still handled by the same people that previously answered questions via email and via this forum. Its just that now that the volume of users and therefor support, has grown so much over the past 12 months that to manage it effectively we need to use the help desk system. The help desk system allows us to query what issues are outstanding and what issues have been or are being handled by someone else. It prevents issues from being forgotten and it allows us to easily look up how many people are being affected by the same or similar issues.

All issues logged via the help desk take priority over anything on the forum or anything sent via email, so if you want faster turnaround, use the help desk. That's where our support resources are focused.

Regards
Paul