Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autocal bootblock/firmware upgrade bricked the device

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Autocal bootblock/firmware upgrade bricked the device

Help. I just had to install the latest version of EFI live as my tuner sent me a file that was saved with that SW. When I opened it, the SW prompted me to upgrade the bootblock and firmware of the autocal device, and I did it in the right order. Even though I followed the proper order, it bricked my device and I am unable to get any response from the device to try and fix it. I needed a new tune prior to moving in 3 weeks and it looks like this is going to make that impossible. Help!

Your tuner is who supports your AutoCal.

Did you install the new software (which V8 build version)...?
    Did you flash in the bootblock (which version)...?
    Did you flash in the firmware (which version)...?

What does your AutoCal do...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Your tuner is who supports your AutoCal.

Did you install the new software (which V8 build version)...?
    Did you flash in the bootblock (which version)...?
    Did you flash in the firmware (which version)...?

What does your AutoCal do...?
    I upgraded EFI Live from V8 (earlier version) to V8.2.2 build 237. I flashed the bootblock with the one that was presented within the software (the software prompted me to do the bootblock and the firmware upgrade), and waited for that to complete and for the autocal to go into polling mode. I flashed the firmware as required and the software gave an error message (don't remember what it was) and the autocal became non-responsive. I have left a message for Chuck, my tuner, to try to get this fixed but am trying to see if there is any way I can fix it on my end.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by nativesun1979 View Post
    I upgraded EFI Live from V8 (earlier version) to V8.2.2 build 237. I flashed the bootblock with the one that was presented within the software (the software prompted me to do the bootblock and the firmware upgrade), and waited for that to complete and for the autocal to go into polling mode. I flashed the firmware as required and the software gave an error message (don't remember what it was) and the autocal became non-responsive. I have left a message for Chuck, my tuner, to try to get this fixed but am trying to see if there is any way I can fix it on my end.
    The error code # and description are IMPERATIVE for anyone to offer you support, as is the software versions/firmware/bootblock you now have along with the same details of what you upgraded from. The error code list is contained in your V8 installation. Click on your windows icon and navigate to Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documents. The information contained in that document will inform you of the next step to resolve your issue.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    The error code # and description are IMPERATIVE for anyone to offer you support, as is the software versions/firmware/bootblock you now have along with the same details of what you upgraded from. The error code list is contained in your V8 installation. Click on your windows icon and navigate to Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documents. The information contained in that document will inform you of the next step to resolve your issue.

Cheers
    Cindy
    How can I get any of that when the autocal won't connect to the software and allow anything to be read?

I have saved the trace per instructions I found in a previous post and can email the trace if that would help. It won't let me upload as it is an .htx file.

Lifetime Member

Trace files are submitted through our support ticket process. http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...7778-QEKN-0400

Your tuner will need to submit the support ticket given you are using AutoCal and he will need to confirm the software/firmware/bootblock of the FlashScan V2 that is being used to create your tunes too.

Cheers
    Cindy

Cindy.... I'm the tuner here and this autocal bricked with the latest firmware install.

He is running windows 8 and we're currently attempting the drivers while I'm remoted into his machine......

some time expires.............

It was a terrible fight for over an hour and involved every bit of EFI LIVE experience I've got, but We're back online and UNBRICKED.

We did multiple driver changes and finally we were able to get the AutoCal into dead poll manually and fixed it with explorer for bootblock

and connection manager for the firmware.

Way more work than it should have been, but it's fixed.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Cindy.... I'm the tuner here and this autocal bricked with the latest firmware install.

He is running windows 8 and we're currently attempting the drivers while I'm remoted into his machine......

It was a terrible fight for over an hour and involved every bit of EFI LIVE experience I've got, but We're back online and UNBRICKED.

We did multiple driver changes and finally we were able to get the AutoCal into dead poll manually and fixed it with explorer for bootblock

Chuck CoW
    Good work chuck!
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post

Chuck CoW
    Good work Chuck,

If you believe that the firmware update in either the November 7 or November 21 release was the cause of the issue, then best you log a support ticket so that appropriate investigation can take place. As already indicated, the software and firmware versions the customer was upgrading from and to, along with your steps for resolution will be required for our support staff to attempt to duplicate it.

Cheers
    Cindy

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast