Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Autocal bootblock/firmware upgrade bricked the device

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Cindy.... I'm the tuner here and this autocal bricked with the latest firmware install.

He is running windows 8 and we're currently attempting the drivers while I'm remoted into his machine......

some time expires.............

It was a terrible fight for over an hour and involved every bit of EFI LIVE experience I've got, but We're back online and UNBRICKED.

We did multiple driver changes and finally we were able to get the AutoCal into dead poll manually and fixed it with explorer for bootblock

and connection manager for the firmware.

Way more work than it should have been, but it's fixed.

Chuck CoW
    Good work Chuck,

If you believe that the firmware update in either the November 7 or November 21 release was the cause of the issue, then best you log a support ticket so that appropriate investigation can take place. As already indicated, the software and firmware versions the customer was upgrading from and to, along with your steps for resolution will be required for our support staff to attempt to duplicate it.

Cheers
    Cindy

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Good work Chuck,

If you believe that the firmware update in either the November 7 or November 21 release was the cause of the issue, then best you log a support ticket so that appropriate investigation can take place. As already indicated, the software and firmware versions the customer was upgrading from and to, along with your steps for resolution will be required for our support staff to attempt to duplicate it.

Cheers
    Cindy

Cheers
    Cindy
    Remembering...... Ahhhhhhhh... Remembering the days of old when problems were quickly resolved via e-mail....

Those were the days.... :(
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

While we thought we were done with this, the customer now tells me that after creating a 30-40 minute datalog,

the device does not save the datalog. After pressing the left button to end the log, it says "EXIT" and no file is saved.

Anyone have any thoughts on this???

Thanks
    Chuck
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Remembering...... Ahhhhhhhh... Remembering the days of old when problems were quickly resolved via e-mail....

Those were the days.... :(
    Chuck CoW
    Problems are still resolved quickly Chuck, I'm not sure I know of any computer software company that allows you to contact a developer directly for support issues.
    The more information provided up front, the faster the process.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have had this device for several years now. This is the first time I have ever had an issue getting a data log to store on the device, and this only happened after the update of the software. Beware of making this update as it may do the same thing to your device.

Bootblock version: 2.07.06 (8/2/2013)
    Firmware version: 2.07.53 (11/19/2013)

The device will not allow me to save a data log. When I start the data log by selecting "record data" everything starts up correctly. However, once into data log mode the buttons each only give me one option. Pressing the down arrow (next) shows "Frame 0" on the screen and nothing else. Pressing the ok button either pauses or restarts data logging (timer continues regardless). Pressing the up arrow (prev) only leads to one option "<-Exit". None of these results in a correct data save.

I have even attempted the workaround by loading the device with multiple tunes and/or previous data logs to approx 5.7MB out of the 6MB available storage space on the device. A previous datalog that was approx 45 minutes in duration totaled approximately 2.84MB, which if evenly distributed would lead to a data log file size of .063MB per minute. Given the small amount of storage space left on the device (0.3MB) after the other files were loaded, the device should have run out of storage space and properly saved the data log after approximately 5 minutes (at .063MB/min). However, the data log ran on my vehicle for almost 30 minutes and never closed out.

Chuck is working to help me fix this, but we need a quick response from the team here to help get it fixed as I move in 2 weeks and have to have these tunes working properly before then.

This person seemed to have a similar problem yet there was not a response to his/her thread:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....a-logging-help!

Quote Originally Posted by nativesun1979 View Post
    This person seemed to have a similar problem yet there was not a response to his/her thread:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....a-logging-help!
    Ok, thanks, I had not seen that post.

I have had this device for a few years and never had this issue. I am getting concerned as I need this fixed ASAP so I can get my vehicles working properly and prepared to drive 900 miles for my upcoming move.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nativesun1979 View Post
    Pressing the down arrow (next) shows "Frame 0" on the screen and nothing else.
    If the Frame counter is not increasing then no data is being recorded. Thus, when you exit the data log option, no file is saved because no data was logged.
    So the real question should be why is no data being recorded, rather than why is the file not being saved?

Maybe try setting up the data log to just record, RPM, ECT, IAT and VSS and try recording that set of PIDs.

If that also fails, then do this: Start data logging, wait 10-20 seconds, stop the data log, then save a trace file on the AutoCal before powering it off. Then create a support ticket and include the trace file (it will be a *.efx) file that you will need to copy off of the AutoCal device using EFILive_Explorer.

Info on how to create a support ticket here:
    http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...7778-QEKN-0400

Regards
    Paul.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul, I can do all that, but the real issue is going to be turnaround time for support as I move in two weeks and must have this fixed before then.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast