Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010+ development still on the table?

Most of the time it is a better idea to not say what is going on around here, (even to our beta testers) until something is ready, what might seem like a simple task can turn in to a nightmare real fast and long delays can happen.
    The simple fact is that Cummins have high levels of security on the 2010 - 2012 ECM's to stop them being tuned (2013+ is even worse as they have closed all back doors), it could take us a long time to get these ECM's to play ball. Unless you are dealing with this process first hand it is kind of hard to appreciate what you can come up against, we could spends months doing only this and never solve it.
    Last edited by GMPX; February 23rd, 2014 at 05:27 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

How do you become a beta tester?
    2006 Mega, built billet ATS, BD towing twins.

We don't need any more at the moment thanks.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have limited knowledge on tuning ecm's, but I was wondering what is the difference between the trouble EFILive is having and what H&S has already done? Is it because EFILive lets you control things differently?

I don't mean to insult EFILive in anyway, I think EFI is the best tuning around. I am just trying to understand the differences.

Thank you!

The issue is the protection Cummins have in the ECM to stop them being tuned, there is two ways around it up to 2013 models, beyond that Cummins closed the door. We just want a system that will mean we are not shut out beyond 2013.
    I have no doubt that H&S poured many hours in to getting around it and maybe the approach they took is the only one, if that is the situation then so be it, but we want to keep working on our own fix.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The issue is the protection Cummins have in the ECM to stop them being tuned, there is two ways around it up to 2013 models, beyond that Cummins closed the door. We just want a system that will mean we are not shut out beyond 2013.
    I have no doubt that H&S poured many hours in to getting around it and maybe the approach they took is the only one, if that is the situation then so be it, but we want to keep working on our own fix.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Are you guys working on this now?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 06megatuned View Post
    Are you guys working on this now?
    Like always, we are working on lots of different things at once. At a guess I'd say we have 8 or 9 unsupported controllers at various stages of investigation. Telling you what they are won't achieve anything as none of them are even close to finalising their assessment let alone development, beta or release.

Cheers
    Cindy

I'm just fishing, I want a newer mega but can't buy one until I can efi live it. You guys are awesome but making me super anxious!

Keep up the good work! Keeps my shop busy!
    Thanks,

Matt Derks

www.derkscustomcars.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123