Thread: Idle Problem Help Please

Default Idle Problem Help Please

I am in the middle of a project that I just got stuck with.

The vehicle is a 2000 Camaro with a built engine. The engine has ported heads with a comp cams thumper cam I believe 109 separation with 282/303 duration and 227/241 at .050, aftermarket intake, headers.

This engine will not idle at all, if started engine just dies. If I hold throttle open I can get the car to stay running but must be held above 1000 rpm. I can not get the car to idle to perform the the logs.

I have attached the file from the car. Any help to get to idle and tuned would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2007 LBZ 2011 LML Silverado Pickups
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 Dually Diesel Pickup
    2007 Dodge 6.7 Pickup

Thank you for your help

I have been reading all these

Post #17 says to set to these values

{B4322} Idle Learn P/N Limit High 8
    {B4323} Idle Learn P/N Limit Low - 8
    {B4331} Idle Learn P/N A/C On Limit High 8
    {B4330} Idle Learn P/N A/C On Limit Low -8
    {B4324} Idle Learn Drive Limit High 8
    {B4325} Idle Learn Drive Limit Low -8
    {B4329} Idle Learn Drive A/C On Limit High 8
    {B4328} Idle Learn Drive A/C On Limit Low -8

EFI Live will only let set to 4.23 or -4.23

Any ideas on this
    2007 LBZ 2011 LML Silverado Pickups
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 Dually Diesel Pickup
    2007 Dodge 6.7 Pickup

I leave those parameters standard. Learning is only needed if the base values are way off

Lifetime Member

As you have probably been reading, the main thing will be to try and get the airflow value half way close. If your still running a MAF, you can at least see about how much airflow you need for "idle" by holding the throttle and keeping it running at 1000 RPM. The actual amount of air for a lower idle speed will be a little lower, but it could serve as a starting point. If your running SD (no MAF), you can still find amount how air is necessary, but just need to record a few more PIDs (IAT, MAP, RPM) to calculate that value. The formula for calculating airflow for a SD setup are in those tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bu View Post
    As you have probably been reading, the main thing will be to try and get the airflow value half way close. If your still running a MAF, you can at least see about how much airflow you need for "idle" by holding the throttle and keeping it running at 1000 RPM. The actual amount of air for a lower idle speed will be a little lower, but it could serve as a starting point. If your running SD (no MAF), you can still find amount how air is necessary, but just need to record a few more PIDs (IAT, MAP, RPM) to calculate that value. The formula for calculating airflow for a SD setup are in those tutorials.
    Or log RAFIG and apply the logged error to desired air

Lifetime Member

Like others on this site have already found, logging RAGIF may product airflow values too low. Get the MAF or VE dialed in and then do a histogram of the airflow and copy that into the desired airflow tables.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L View Post
    I am in the middle of a project that I just got stuck with.

The vehicle is a 2000 Camaro with a built engine. The engine has ported heads with a comp cams thumper cam I believe 109 separation with 282/303 duration and 227/241 at .050, aftermarket intake, headers.

This engine will not idle at all, if started engine just dies. If I hold throttle open I can get the car to stay running but must be held above 1000 rpm. I can not get the car to idle to perform the the logs.

I have attached the file from the car. Any help to get to idle and tuned would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help in advance.
    I just had a quick look at your tune file and your Desired Airflow and Desired Idle Speeds tables look stock. You're going to need more idle airflow and a higher idle speed with that cam. Your IAC effective area table also looks stock. Have you drilled or cracked your throttle blade?