Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSP5 "Switch FALIED"

Default CSP5 "Switch FALIED"

Anytime I try to switch tunes I get a "Switch FAILED" message from the Autocal. The CSP5 file downloads without any issues to my 07 truck, I'm on the latest firm (Nov 5), I followed the instruction to a tee, and have updated all the EFI 7.5 and 8 programs. Any ideas as to why I keep getting this issue?

Is your switch one of the Socal Diesel CSP5 switches ?

Or is it from another company ?
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

You still having this issue?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Is your switch one of the Socal Diesel CSP5 switches ?

Or is it from another company ?
    Further to Tonys question, what software and firmware versions was your tuner using to create the tunes, and what has your tuner said?

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I've had this issue on a few trucks now, it worked with the first pre-release but now that I've updated to 2.07.52 (firmware) 2.07.06 (boot block) Software is build 237 (v8)and v7 build 245. I'm using so-cal switches. It'd be nice if there was a way to troubleshoot this a little. I'll have to get a couple trace files to send.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by blklmm View Post
    I've had this issue on a few trucks now, it worked with the first pre-release but now that I've updated to 2.07.52 (firmware) 2.07.06 (boot block) Software is build 237 (v8)and v7 build 245. I'm using so-cal switches. It'd be nice if there was a way to troubleshoot this a little. I'll have to get a couple trace files to send.
    The changes between the first pre release and the current release were designed to improve response rates and reduce chatter. What else is on the vehicles you are having trouble with? Are you using the scan tool concurrently and what aftermarket devices are installed?

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Did you rebuild the CSP tune from scratch with the newest version or are you still using the file created with the pre-release software?
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Any luck with this? I'm having same problem. My CSP5 won't work either. Been working on it with tuner for a while now with no luck.

Lifetime Member

What software, firmware and bootblock are you using? Are you switching via FlashScan v2, AutoCal or a 3rd party switch? If a 3rd party switch, have you tried using your EFILive hardware for switching?

I am using my AutoCal and CSP5 with pass through. I use V8 \firmware 2.07.53 date 11/19/2013\bootblock 2.07.06 date 8/2/2013. I have a feeling it may have to deal with me upgrading to the pre-release software. I'm told I can't go backwards on firmware either.

07 5.9 Cummins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast