Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CSP5 "Switch FALIED"

Also sorry for hijacking the thread iCTD. I had similar issue and hoped to help the thread out.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dslbroscumns View Post
    I am using my AutoCal and CSP5 with pass through. I use V8 \firmware 2.07.53 date 11/19/2013\bootblock 2.07.06 date 8/2/2013. I have a feeling it may have to deal with me upgrading to the pre-release software. I'm told I can't go backwards on firmware either.

07 5.9 Cummins
    You are running the most recent version.....provided your tuner is running those versions too.You cannot write or edit tunes given you have AutoCal that is the function of your tuner and their FlashScan device. Your tuner needs to ensure that their FlashScan software matches the AutoCal software.

The only thing I can think of that could be causing this problem is that your tuner wrote your tune in the original prerelease software for CSP, which is not compatible with later software releases. All CSP tunes needed to be rewritten in our October (or later) release software to maintain compatibility.

When did you first start running CSP? And when did you start having issues?

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I first received my tunes in October without the CSP5 but with CSP5 tunes so I could still switch. At this time it worked as far as switching with the autocal. I didn't actually get my CSP5 till the beginning of November. around January I had the tuner look at my tunes because my truck had been loping at idle that's when I downloaded the prerelease software before the November 17 release. He sent me a smoothed out tune and I went to put the tune on my AutoCal and EFILIVE explorer wouldn't work after many re downloads of the stable release on the site and reinstall I then found the beta November 19 release on the forum. The Explorer finally worked with that and I could finally put the new tune on my AutoCal. My tuner thinks that since I updated my AutoCal to the beta version and they use the current stable version, it may have something to do with me not being able to switch tunes on my AutoCal. Also my CSP5 switch still does not work. The LEDS do not blink with every corresponding switch number. We have tried 2 different switches as well.
    2007 5.9 Cummins 4x4 ThunderRoad EFILive AutoCal w/CSP5 by ATP, S&B CAI, Pusher Intake horn, heater grid delete, 4 in tbe 6in tip, Dipricol gauges, 30% over Exergy Injectors, AirDog 150, Alligator Performance Fuel Sump, ATS Deep Trans pan.

Can you have your tuner confirm your CSP5 tune is V1.01 ?
    See Pages 5 and 6 of this document:

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Verified the tune is V1.01
    2007 5.9 Cummins 4x4 ThunderRoad EFILive AutoCal w/CSP5 by ATP, S&B CAI, Pusher Intake horn, heater grid delete, 4 in tbe 6in tip, Dipricol gauges, 30% over Exergy Injectors, AirDog 150, Alligator Performance Fuel Sump, ATS Deep Trans pan.

Ok well the tune is at least the correct version for the switches.
    I am not sure on the operation of the LED's on the switch, I don't know what the flashing (or no flashing) would indicate, I'll ask SoCal to take a look at the thread.

Is there anything else plugged into the OBDII port or tapped into the wiring behind the port, such as remote start, alarm, aftermarket stereo equipment, deluxe super widget?
    www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive-DSP5......Switch your Attitude!
    EFILive-CSP5......The Smart Way To Switch Your Cummins Tunes!
    EFILive-DSP4......Switch Your Colorado and Canyon Too!

Nothing else is plugged in

Well update with mine. Mike went through and started from scratch on my tune from my original stock file and I just loaded it into the truck and it works just fine now.

Lifetime Member

I really don't know about this one. The tune was originally created with the same software that I had done many other CSP5 tunes with. I just went back through the normal process again and apparently it worked. Glad it is working for your, Chad.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12