Thread: Hoping someone would review this tune

Default Hoping someone would review this tune

A buddy of mine was working on this tune as his first shot at a race tune. He has a nearly stock truck except for built transmission, air intake, and exhaust. He sent this to me to review and try to find any issues after someone had looked at it and told him he would melt his truck down with it. They wouldn't comment any further, just that it was no good. He has been running it without much problem so far but hasn't been pushing it hard. I am still in the learning stages and don't notice anything that pops out as far a red flags go. I would like to experiment on changing some more things but was hoping to find that we are headed in the right direction. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Has he data-logged that file? Is it doing what he wants? Imo the timing's pretty aggressive and I'd make some changes to accelerator to desired fuel tables to make sure it carries full fuel all the way out. I'd also log fuel pressure and see where it sits currently. Does he have gauges?

To be completely honest, I don't know how much he knows about logging. I am working on that sort of thing myself. What he told me was 38psi and cool egts, but yes he has gauges. Should I dial the timing and fuel pressure back and put it on a truck to try and get a log?