Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LQ9 wont stay running after FAST LSXrt 102mm tb/intake swap...HELP?

everything is correct but once I get home I need to check on 4206 because I'm not sure about that

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Are you getting a MAF DTC...?

Is your FPR manifold-referenced...?

Is your B4001 table correct for your injectors...?

Disable B4206 (the tutorial does not mention this, the tutorial was written based on 2002 F-car which already had it disabled).

You still have CL enabled, see B4205.
    If you look at the last tune I posted, post #9, 4206 is disabled and 4205 is set to 284 degrees F.

And yes my injector information is correct, the FPR I have is on my fuel rail and has a vacuum line going from it to the intake.

Basically I ended up plugging in higher eq ratios into table B3605 to get the AFR in a much safer range, but it is definitely rich now. But even with it rich, if I give it enough gas to hit a higher map, but not enable PE, it still went slightly lean for a split second, then goes back rich.

Here is the new log with rich B3605:

LS1B_0189.efi

1. Am I still able to use the WO2BEN/VE table update from this log or because of the richness will it mess things up?

2. If it isn't useable, how do I go about have normal stoich driving around to be able to get proper VE table updates?

3. Also probably VE related, but I'm gettting:
    a. cruise control effect from the throttle after getting up to speed that I never had before
    b. 2-3k rpm rev when switching from park to Drive and vice versus most times
    c. And when stopped at idle for a few seconds, it will randomly rev to 2k, come back down to idle, and then die.

Never had any of those before and have messed with throttle cracker and follower before this intake and it was fine.

4. What sort of fine tuning do I need to do if VE tuning doesn't fix some of this?

Thanks again.

Jeremy

EDIT: reading the tutorial for SD, I see that I was supposed to increase all cells in b0101 by 15% and I never did that, so I'm assuming that would be where my lean problem is coming from.
    Last edited by sac811; December 16th, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Ah, I must have been looking at the tune file in post #1... I'll take a closer look at the one in post #9.

You don't need to increase the VE table by 15%... this is only for big mods (increase in displacement and/or a large cam).

You don't need to increase the VE table by 15%... this is only for big mods (increase in displacement and/or a large cam).
    1. Am I still able to use the WO2BEN/VE table update from this log or because of the richness will it mess things up?

2. If it isn't useable, how do I go about have normal stoich driving around to be able to get proper VE table updates?

3. Also probably VE related, but I'm gettting:
    a. cruise control effect from the throttle after getting up to speed that I never had before
    b. 2-3k rpm rev when switching from park to Drive and vice versus most times
    c. And when stopped at idle for a few seconds, it will randomly rev to 2k, come back down to idle, and then die.Never had any of those before and have messed with throttle cracker and follower before this intake and it was fine.*

4. What sort of fine tuning do I need to do if VE tuning doesn't fix some of this?

Hmmm, from what you said in post #14, I'm inclined to think your FAST might have an airleak (internally, at the runner ends)...

adding this intake will cause some change to VE table, but not so drastic as what you're seeing.

Hmmm, from what you said in post #14, I'm inclined to think your FAST might have an airleak (internally, at the runner ends)...

adding this intake will cause some change to VE table, but not so drastic as what you're seeing.
    How would I go about determining if I have an internal air leak?

It is going from a 78mm gen3 truck intake to a 102mm tb/lsxrt intake.

Can I use the autove to attempt to tune it to drive better in the mean time even with the rich open loop?

On the internal runner gaskets where they meet the exterior of the intake, what do u recommend I use to seal it with?

Rtv, jb weld, copper gasket maker?

I'm not sure how to seal the FAST, but I have seen several cases where they are difficult to seal... some people use RTV, but I'm not sure if that's the best.

Also, did you use the low-profile valley cover bolts...?

Also, did you use the low-profile valley cover bolts...?
    Yes I did, and from all I can tell the intake is completely sealed to the heads.

But if it is an internal air leak how can I check for that without ripping the entire intake apart and detaching the runners and rtving them etc?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast