Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Manual vs Auto

Well, I finally got everything wired up and did a trial run in place (snow on the ground, can't take the car out).
    I've attached the log file from my test- I'm not sure if I'm doing everything correctly but it appears I am collecting data.
    The challenge I am having is getting all the data points (PIDs) selected that I need without going over 24.
    I would like to see Spark Advance and IAC counts but that would take me over 24-

Joe,
    At your convenience, can you take a look at this log and let me know your thoughts?
    Off the top, it appears I'm running very lean at start-up and fairly lean when it comes up to temp.
    I am also having an issue with keeping the car idling consistently- Seems I always need to mess with the idle stop screw on the the throttle body to keep the car from dying. It runs OK for a while and then it slows down and/or stalls unless to change the idle screw setting again.
    The Calc.Vet table just looks weird.
    I realize I haven't taken the car on the road to collect this data so I'm not sure if that makes the data in this table null and void?
    Thank you for your time.
    Elm
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ezobens; January 16th, 2018 at 11:57 AM.

Post your current tune file.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post your current tune file.
    This is what I'm currently running.
    Thank you,
    Elm

L31_Corvette_IDLE_Mods_11262017_0001.ctz

Important:

in tunetool, you have Fueling Units set to Lambda...
    go Edit->Properties->Display and under Commanded Fuel Values set Display In to EQR,
    exit tunetool, restart tunetool;

then:
    goto table B3618, and set all cells to EQR 1.175 (look at upper-right panel, shows Units),
    save file.

When you did Calc.VET, did you:
    - apply the MAF correction to the MAF table B5001...?
    - paste VE calculation into the VE table B0101...?

Now, you may have to do some idle tuning (which is more involed/tedious)...
    have a read thru these (sorry about any pics hosted elsewhere):
    - 4661-Idle-Tuning-Helpful-Info-Inside
    - 26435-RAFIG-PDF-Includes-all-of-SSpdmon-idle-info

Joe,
    I made the changes per your instructions on post #64.
    I'm assuming when you say "did Calc.VET" that implies that I ran a log based on all the PIDs and parameters listed in all your previous posts, correct?
    If so, I did not apply the data collected in the 2 tables I created based on the Calc.VET doc as I wasn't sure if this data was any 'good' since I wasn't physically driving the car.
    However, If you are saying I should apply the data I collected so far, I can do that.
    I will also read the docs you provided in your last post.
    Thank you.

Other than the change you had me do in post #64, did you notice any glaring deficiencies in my current tune or am I at least kinda-sorta in the general ballpark?
    As always, thank you so much for your expertise, time and patience.
    Elm

Attached is my latest tune with the idle mods incorporated as well as the change requested in post #64.
    The question of the day is if I should run RAFIG before or after I perform CALC.VET or does it matter?

I'm still confused by the data I collected in my posted log file-
    The 'VET' log has some really screwy values going from single digits to 4 digits, which seems WAY out of line with what I see in the current VE table.
    How can these numbers be so crazy off?
    The more I learn about this stuff, the more questions I have.
    Thank you for your time,
    Elm

L31_Corvette_Mods_01172018_0001.ctz

Hi Elm,

Apply Calc.VET changes from an actual driving session.

RAFIG usually goes better after the VE/MAF are corrected... however, you can do RAFIG before VE/MAF just to get a feel for it.

Let me take a closer look at you VET log, can you post screenshots to point me to where the data looks wrong.

Do you have the VE table units set to g*K/kPa (go Edit->Properties->Display and under Volumetric Efficiency Units see what it says).

Joe,
    I appreciate your patience with my dumb questions.
    I just want to make sure I understand what I am doing so I can learn from it.

Your comment to apply Calc.VET from an "actual driving session" leads me to believe that I should not apply the current log I have since the car never physically moved.
    I have attached a screen shot of the bizarre numbers my 'running in place' log provided.
    For total transparency, I did not clear the trims in the scantool before pulling the log (totally forgot)-
    Not sure what impact that would have on my data?

I also attached screen shots of the VE table in my current tune showing the properties-
    This stuff is what trips me up- The table clearly shows 'MAP kPA' but the properties shows otherwise.
    When I change it to g*K/kPa, the display remains the same. How does one know when these need to be changed and to what unit of measure?

Looks like I am in a holding pattern with the Calc.VET for now until the weather becomes good enough to physically take the car out and get some 'real' logs.
    In the meantime, I can play with RAFIG so I can at least get a feel for it.
    Please let me know if there is anything you (or I) need to look at in the meantime.
    As always, thank you for your time and patience,
    Elm

CALC.VET_Table.pdf
    VE_Display.pdf
    Last edited by ezobens; January 19th, 2018 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ezobens View Post
    Joe,
    I appreciate your patience with my dumb questions.
    I just want to make sure I understand what I am doing so I can learn from it.
    No worries.

Your comment to apply Calc.VET from an "actual driving session" leads me to believe that I should not apply the current log I have since the car never physically moved.
    I have attached a screen shot of the bizarre numbers my 'running in place' log provided.
    Engine needs to pull a load to get good tuning data.

For total transparency, I did not clear the trims in the scantool before pulling the log (totally forgot)-
    Not sure what impact that would have on my data?
    Residual trims will affect your next few minutes (until the ECM learns new trims)...
    but, for LS1B, when you do a flash, the trims get cleared (let me verify this).

I also attached screen shots of the VE table in my current tune showing the properties-
    This stuff is what trips me up- The table clearly shows 'MAP kPA' but the properties shows otherwise.
    When I change it to g*K/kPa, the display remains the same. How does one know when these need to be changed and to what unit of measure?

Looks like I am in a holding pattern with the Calc.VET for now until the weather becomes good enough to physically take the car out and get some 'real' logs.
    In the meantime, I can play with RAFIG so I can at least get a feel for it.
    Please let me know if there is anything you (or I) need to look at in the meantime.
    As always, thank you for your time and patience,
    Elm

CALC.VET_Table.pdf
    VE_Display.pdf

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast