Thread: Little help

Default Little help

So I've had efi for a little while now and on this last tune I have I can't seem to up duration at all without making the truck run like crap at idle. It either lopes or sounds like it barely wants to run. I was woundering if someone could help me out a bit and give me a couple pointers on it. Csp tune 2 lopes and 4 seems to run like crap. The truck seems to run fine on tune 3 which has stock duration. Csp5.ctz
    06 Megacab, auto, 5in turbo back exhaust
    Efi live, 305/60r18 Bfg km2

Return the duration back to stock in the idle areas. That should help the lope.
    03 6spd

There is a lot more wrong with these tunes than just main duration, pilot is out, timing is off etc. When you or whoever built these tunes, set up the timing using the timing calculator, didn't enable edit masking on the vertical 0.0 column, that will effect idle as I found out the hard way, lol. When you use the timing calculator, mask that first vertical row and then blend it in later, or that column will return to 0.0 because of the duration map.
    Last edited by 4NEATR; January 14th, 2014 at 05:36 AM.
    2007.5 Dodge 3500 - some power mods with a 48re behind it

Quote Originally Posted by 4NEATR View Post
    There is a lot more wrong with these tunes than just main duration, pilot is out, timing is off etc. When you or whoever built these tunes, set up the timing using the timing calculator, didn't enable edit masking on the vertical 0.0 column, that will effect idle as I found out the hard way, lol. When you use the timing calculator, mask that first vertical row and then blend it in later, or that column will return to 0.0 because of the duration map.
    I've just been playing around with efi live myself. Where is the timing calc located at? What would you recommend I do to get a good single event? Should I scrap the tunes and start over?

When you open the main timing table, look just under the units and you will see a button for the calculator. Keep the numbers in the calc between 46 in the top left and 53 in the bottom right for the smoothest power and best ratio's. But before you open the calc, mask off the 0.0 vertical column so it doesn't zero it out, this will cause issues at idle. Just blend in that column after your done with the calc. Here is a nice 70hp base file I built for a guy who tows a lot and wanted no smoke and low EGT's. It will give you a base file to look at when you are building your own tunes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs up

Thanks alot

No problem. I don't know how to help you with the single even thing, never done it to my truck and no one I tune for has asked for it yet.

I looked at the tune you posted and I was wondering. What would be the maximum amount of timing to run on an otherwise stock truck? I would assume 25* would be a little much for stock truck. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I'll take what ever help I can get. I just dont want to seem like I'm asking for your secrets or anything.

Hey its all good dude. I try to keep stock trucks under 25deg or so, its all about balance with duration and fuel pressure, so as long as the timing is matched, cylinder pressure stays under control. That tune I posted works really well on a few trucks so far, what I've found is that the same tune won't work the exact same on every truck, even with the same mods so small tweaks are needed sometimes.